Air Force Unfit/Ratings Timeline

Discussion in 'Air Force Case Timelines' started by jman1855, Mar 14, 2017.

1. jman1855

jman1855 Registered Member

Any other Airmen out there want to share their unfit/ratings timeline?

I got word via mypers yesterday that the IPEB has sent my case to the VA for ratings. My PEBLO confirmed that this means I was found unfit by the IPEB. The IPEB took 24 days for the unfit finding.

How long is the VA taking these days for ratings?

Also, I'm curious how long it takes to get orders after I've signed for my ratings. If anyone knows, please chime in. Thanks!

2. arp166

arp166 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

You can see my timeline in my signature, however my case seemed to go very fast compared to others. Hope this helps.

3. jman1855

Wow, your case did move quickly. So yours took about a week for the VA to rate, then another week for the IPEB to put it all together. That gives me hope for a quick VA turnaround.

Where are you stationed?

4. arp166

arp166 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

I am at MacDill. In total my case took a month from when it was sent to the IPEB and yes, a week at VA and a week back at PEB. I only had 7 claims, three of which are pulmonary, not sure if that helped it go quick. I have stalled now with the VARR, but at least I know I am getting out soon.

5. freedomforcegal

freedomforcegal PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

My case was sent to the VA on the 9 of Feb.
    The VA rated me on 27 Feb.
    I got my ratings back from my PEBLO on 3 March.

6. jman1855

Thanks for the info @freedomforcegal ! 22 days from the time it was sent to VA until notification of ratings is pretty quick. But I see you were first coded 37 in April last year. I hope your process continues to go quickly!

7. freedomforcegal

freedomforcegal PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Jman, it's been a long year. My NARSUM and CC letter is what took FOREVER!

8. plubminggrit

plubminggrit Registered Member

The VA received my package on the 27th of Feb, I checked Vets.gov and my claim closed yesterday (16 days), so I am assuming mine is going back to the PEB for their ratings then I'll here something

9. Jach

Jach Registered Member

DRAS received my package on Jan 30 and I was just assigned a rater this week. Hopefully it speeds up.

10. jahlon

jahlon PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

This is the outcome of reading two threads at the same time.

11. jman1855

My ratings are in!!! 40% DOD/80% VA. 1180 has been signed and returned to PEBLO who says it takes AFPC about 2 weeks for orders.

For other Airmen out there, how long did it take to receive orders?

12. Warrior644

Warrior644 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Indeed, good news and congratulations! :D Enjoy and take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

13. jahlon

Congratulations. Hopefully this number allows you to transition back to civilian life and start the next chapter of your life.

I wish you speedy orders. Make sure you let us know how long yours end up taking.

14. jman1855

Thanks to you both. I'll definitely let you know how long it takes for orders.

15. magoo853

magoo853 Registered Member

I am new to the forums but glad I found this! My PEBLO just told me today that my package is going to the MEB next Wed and to Medical Standards on Friday. My Commander received the email to complete the letter today, which will be emailed back to my PEBLO on Monday. Hopefully I don't have too much longer but I really do not know how long the process will take because it seems to be jumping around a bit. Any information you guys have would be great! Thanks!

16. jman1855

I don't want to be discouraging to you, but it sounds like you're pretty early in the process. Since your package will be going to Medical Standards next week, it sounds like you're at the IRILO stage. The IRILO is AFPC's initial, informal look at your MEB package to determine if you should be returned to duty or if you're package requires a further look. For me, it took 8 months from IRILO to completing the IPEB, and I'm still waiting for orders and will have to outprocess. All told, my process will take 11 months. The metric, or processing goal, is 295 days, so for me, it was pretty close to that metric. So my advice is two-fold: 1) be proactive, ensuring your records are up-to-date, you're continuing to receive medical care that you need, and injecting yourself into the IDES process as much as possible (meaning don't just let the process run it's course, but be engaged with your providers and PEBLO); and 2) be as patient as possible.

Also, FYI, the latest stats show that if the IRILO recommends further processing, there's a 95% chance the servicemember will not be returned to duty.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you.

magoo853 likes this.
  17. magoo853

magoo853 Registered Member

Thank you for the advice! I talk to my PEBLO once a week to get up dates and stay on top of him so at least he is responsive. I am at Lackland as well, if that helps anything... My PEBLO did give me a timeline of everything, which he said was updated. He said its been going a little faster than before and that he thought I would be separated in September...that would be awesome but I am not getting my hopes up. I got to the IRILO process a few years ago and was returned to duty but it also said that if I continue to have problems then I will go to the MEB. That was after my 4th knee surgery but now I am up to 5. I will definitely keep you guys posted though and I am sure I will have more questions as I get deeper into the process.Thanks!

18. jman1855

I received retirement orders today! My official retirement date is 28 July!

19. USAF90210

USAF90210 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Congrats. I got mine yesterday as well, same retirement date.

I've got over 60 days of leave. Need to get moving on the outprocessing

20. jahlon

I'm jealous of you both.

I did the first day of my 2 days of C&P exams this morning.

and much like 90 up there, I'm sitting on 60 days of leave.