Air Force Unfit/Ratings Timeline

Discussion in 'Air Force Case Timelines' started by jman1855, Mar 14, 2017.

1. jman1855

jman1855 Registered Member

Good luck to you both. Now I'm waiting for MPS to load my out-processing checklist on vMPF. I have 55 days of annual leave, plus 20 days PTDY, and that puts my last day in the office at 12 May, 3 weeks from Friday. It's moving fast now!

2. Jade1182

Jade1182 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Jealous here too. I am in agony waiting on my ratings. They were submitted to VA on 22 MAR so...any day now. My PEBLO is so unreliable and not so easy to get a hold of. I already have plans (grad school/jobs) lined up!

Jman1855 your orders came in quick! Yay!

3. jman1855

Thanks, Jade. Yes, it's such a relief. You should be getting ratings any day now. Are you getting emails from mypers? I got one when the package went to IPEB, when IPEB sent it to VA/DRAS, and when IPEB sent the 356 to my PEBLO.

4. Pyro

Pyro PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

6 Days from rating to retirement orders?? Wow.

5. Jade1182

Jade1182 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Unfortunately no I am not getting any notifications. Something about my missing a cutoff. I did call the VA in Rhode Island today though and they said that they are still working on my proposed ratings and that it even though it has already been 30 days, the turnaround is usually 30-45 days. It blows but, what can I do? No worries.

6. jman1855

In addition to the mypers emails, I watched the status of my claim on ebenefits and evets. When your claim closes, that's a cue that VA has returned your proposed ratings to the IPEB. When that happened, my PEBLO didn't give me any info, but the VA MSC emailed me a copy of the proposed ratings.

7. jman1855

Yeah, I am shocked that I got orders so quickly. The PEBLO said it would take 2 weeks, and it took 4 duty days.

Word of advice, if you remotely suspect that you'll be separated/retired, do TAPs now. I'm geographically separated from my installation, and Airmen and Family Readiness has been very accomodating, but it took a while to get a response from them. Go ahead and start greasing those wheels now.

8. magoo853

magoo853 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

After reading through some of your signature blocks I am curious as to how the board would find you at 0% and then after appeal you wind up with 100%... Is it just something they overlooked?

9. Pyro

Pyro PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

The VA didn't think the Line of Duty I had approved meant anything, or they ignored it, either way they were wrong. The DoD had to slap them in the face a few times, they came back with a 100% so the DoD followed suit. Uniquely I am permanent with the DoD, but not the VA at the moment. I had to get a permanent colostomy that the VA hasn't seen yet due to my cancer, thats 100% permanent.

10. magoo853

magoo853 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Oh ok. That makes sense. It just seems like the DoD or VA tries to pull a fast one and gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

11. mr pig

mr pig PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

So far it's been almost 6 months of me trying to get the narsum done. I'm hoping once I've got that done and have been assigned a peblo things will start to go. But man this has been killing me...people just chilling with my paperwork it seems.

12. CaliGrl03

CaliGrl03 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

How do I register to receive these emails from eBenefits everyone keeps talking about. I reviewed my information and my personal email is listed correctly.

Thanx!