Increase Ptsd exam did not list my other disorders or my TBI

Discussion in 'PTSD and Mental Health Conditions' started by BB1229, Feb 5, 2017.

1. BB1229

BB1229 Registered Member

I filed for an increase for ptsd in April of last year. After reviewing my dbq and exam notes I noticed she did not add my othe mental disorders. I have been diagnosed with reoccurring major depression disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, and TBI. None of these were listed. I am currently rated at 50%. I wanted some advice on how to proceed. Should I just appeal the decision or is there another way. I believe I would of had a good chance of getting a higher rating. This exam was also used for the ides, MEB. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. gsfowler

gsfowler Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

File a claim for TBI.

3. chaplaincharlie

chaplaincharlie PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

With the exception of TBI, the other mental disorders you listed will be rolled into one claim. See the advice above.

4. BB1229

BB1229 Registered Member

I understand that would be rolled up into one under ptsd. But under , does veteran have any other mental conditions , there is a no. Do you think this hurt my chances of an increase? I am going to appeal the decision.

5. Warrior644

Warrior644 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In my opinion, your opportunities to receive an increased DoVA rating for your PTSD medical condition should not be contingent upon whether "other" mental conditions are annotated on the PTSD DBQ. As such, the DoVA Rating Agency shall review all available medical evidence and/or medical documentation to make a final determination.

In retrospect, during my first DoD TDRL re-evaluation in which the DoVA completed the PTSD DBQ, I received a 70% rating write-up from the QTC clinician. But, the DoVA Rating Agency gave me a 100% rating for PTSD since they stated that my entire VA record/file shows (supports) a much higher rating. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!