MEB for type II.....

Discussion in 'Diabetes and Endocrine Conditions' started by JMPMSTRPID, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Terry Faust

Terry Faust Registered Member

I have 8 letters currently from my current BDE CO as well as past Commanders and CSM's. this position I am in is an HRC directed move from May of last year reported Feb 2017, so I am hoping they will see that. My BDE CO changes out this month will that affect me being he will no longer be here?

2. brianmatt31

brianmatt31 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

I wouldn't think it would be as your performance is the reason you are there. You sound like a Top Tier Soldier so the new CO shouldn't mind that. Especially seeing all the other memos you have and a great NCO Chain. At some point I would make him or her aware that you have been in a MEB and you plan to fight it to get COAD for those three more years and you are retiring unless they are asking you to stay longer and you want to. Since he/she is coming into CMD I find it best to keep them in the loop especially if your office does any USR reporting or UAT type of metrics. You being non-deployable will show up as a number on the units list of non-deployable whether it's as a MRC 4 or other. I'm not sure if HRC is required to do a USR but I would think that all HRC Soldiers are tracked somehow. When I was a CDR I wanted to know everything about my Soldiers so that I could fight for them when they needed me to. Maybe that is something left over from when I was enlisted. But for your new CDR I would think at some point you'd need a memo from him/her too in order to show the board that not only do you have the support of all the others, you also have the support from a brand new CDR.

3. Career wife

Career wife Registered Member

I am being referred for med boarded I am on active during with 30 years of service btw National Guard , Army Reserve, Active duty. 8 years of active duty. It has not been initiated yet but my provider alerted me that my commander has made an injury if I am fit for duty with height and weight I have a thyroid problem which is causing wgt gain but maintaining my wgt and passing tape. What why can I do to help ensure I can process out of the military smoothly but get all that I deserve.

4. brianmatt31

brianmatt31 PEB Forum Veteran Registered Member

Welcome Career Wife! It really depends upon your decision. If you are ready to retire out and I'm thinking you probably are with 30 years in the medical retirement isn't bad but you really need to look at what all you have as medical conditions. These boards will look at everything you turn in and rate them accordingly. I would also research to find out if submitting a retirement letter to retire and submitting a claim form to the VA for disability is better than going through a medical board? I don't know because it sounds like you are an MDAY Soldier. I haven't researched this so I'm not sure but this website will help answer your questions. Research and research and you'll see there are a lot of others that have gone through this prior to you. Good luck in your search and thank you for your service to this great Nation!