10 year sailor with PSA on Humira just got recommended for PEB

sailor2988

Registered Member
Hello everyone! I've been in the Navy for 10 years and I'm an E6. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2010 and have been on LIMDU 2 times. I stopped taking the drug for 3 years and basically dealt with the pain by taking Tylenol and over the counter drugs. Fast forward to today, I have been de-screened from my ship and now PERS just recommended me for PEB due to being placed on Humira again. I'm absolutely terrified and I will stop taking this medicine if it will save my career and help me finish out my 20 years. I'm looking for any advice anyone can give me . I want to go about this the right way and not mess myself over in the long run.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I understand you are in panic mode. You are much more than a sailor, you are a human being. Left untreated, PA can cause irreversible damage.

The VA offered great educational retraining opportunities. There are many important things you can still do!

Everyone on this forum, that has significant disabilities, has or will go through the adjustment process. You are not alone! And you, like many of us, will thrive in the post military world. I love what I do now, every bit as much as I love my years in the service.

Best wishes.
Mike

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">