11 yrs Airborne Infantry and referred to MEB.

Psyhnd669

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been on both sides of the fence and just hit 11 years last month. Over XMAS had surgery from an old Afghanistan injury that recently caused my wrist to painfully freeze up daily. Surgery revealed that my wrist is shot and thus I was referred to MEB.

I have been "sucking it up" like a good Infantry Officer/NCO for a long time because mission first! Since I have 74 static line jumps, I have issues with all joints that I have been seen for over the years. I have been seen for Combat Trauma PTSD and since I dont go into REM I have a CPAP now.

I just had my general physical from the VA last week and the RN-P really didnt even use the Goniometer for my ROM and it lasted for 5 hours. Is this because I have pain in all movement?

My list if issues is massive because I scrubed my medical records and claimed everything under the sun since its documented.

Can I have other conditions found unfitting to go along with my wrist? ie my hips are shot...

I will keep updating as I go.

Hi brother,

8 Years Light Infantry you'll be able to claim tons of things and have c&p exams for everything you claim. Claim everything this process is long but worth the wait. It's likely that a lot of your conditions will be found unfitting.

I have been on both sides of the fence and just hit 11 years last month. Over XMAS had surgery from an old Afghanistan injury that recently caused my wrist to painfully freeze up daily. Surgery revealed that my wrist is shot and thus I was referred to MEB.

I have been "sucking it up" like a good Infantry Officer/NCO for a long time because mission first! Since I have 74 static line jumps, I have issues with all joints that I have been seen for over the years. I have been seen for Combat Trauma PTSD and since I dont go into REM I have a CPAP now.

I just had my general physical from the VA last week and the RN-P really didnt even use the Goniometer for my ROM and it lasted for 5 hours. Is this because I have pain in all movement?

My list if issues is massive because I scrubed my medical records and claimed everything under the sun since its documented.

Can I have other conditions found unfitting to go along with my wrist? ie my hips are shot...

I will keep updating as I go.

Welcome to the forum!

You may be able to add other conditions to the DOD side of the evaluation, which would be in your best interest to ensure you reach a high enough percentage for medical retirement. This isn't exactly easy to do and may end up being a little bit of a battle for you, but don't stress about it. I was originally med boarded for one condition, I added 37 conditions to the VA side of the evaluation, and then later on was able to move one condition from the VA side to the DOD side, which enabled me to reach 30% permanent medical retirement. If I didn't do this then I would have ended up at 10% DOD and 100% VA instead of 30% DOD and 100% VA like I am now.

The best advice I can give you is that you need to appeal at every option available early on so that you never miss an opportunity to appeal. Be patient in this process and take your time. Ask lots of questions!

Today, I had my VA exam for vertigo, tinnitus, perf. Ear drum, and hearing loss.

It was a weird Dr who did a few test but it was quick. Has anyone been denied comp for these before?

I got 10% for tinnitus and was denied comp for hearing loss. They just kept retesting me until I randomly passed. I only heard a couple of beeps. Oh well :)

Just got done with my TBI/PTSD VA exam. It was weird but my concern was that the VA didnt send all my documents to the DR so I had explain a lot.

Should I worry or will the NARSUM Dr catch all?

Also they asked me about my 74 jumps and said most paratroopers have mild tbi from "feet, ass, head PLFs".

Hi brother,

8 Years Light Infantry you'll be able to claim tons of things and have c&p exams for everything you claim. Claim everything this process is long but worth the wait. It's likely that a lot of your conditions will be found unfitting.

What did you claim and get rated for, if you dont mind?

I found my mental health exam to be weird too. Lots of odd questions. As long as you explained your symptoms sufficiently then you should have nothing to worry about. I'll PM you the VA's determination statement for my 70% rating on general anxiety if you want.

Take care.

I found my mental health exam to be weird too. Lots of odd questions. As long as you explained your symptoms sufficiently then you should have nothing to worry about. I'll PM you the VA's determination statement for my 70% rating on general anxiety if you want.

Take care.

Take care.

If you could send me that info also that would be appreciated. I have my Psyc and neuro appointment Friday which is my last QTC appointment.

Almost_Seperated:

Could you send me that info also I would appreciate it. I have just started the MEB process for Chronic Severe PTSD. Also, is there a website to assist in writing an appeal for the QTC Dr's findings & remarks on the NARSUM? Thank-You

Almost_Seperated:

Could you send me that info also I would appreciate it. I have just started the MEB process for Chronic Severe PTSD. Also, is there a website to assist in writing an appeal for the QTC Dr's findings & remarks on the NARSUM? Thank-You

Yeah I will send it on over. As for the second part I am curious to where you are at in your timeline and what you are trying to accomplish. I had success with my appeal in adding a condition to the DOD side of the evaluation. My letter may help you as a guide to writing yours, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve. PM me more details on this please. The only website I can think of is this one!

My VA appointments were in mid March and the VA still has not sent the results to my PEBLO. I called QTC today to find out the hold up and they still did not get a report from one of the doctors. It so frustrating when people don't do there job!! I guess the only good thing is that I am still getting treated for problems and so more medical documents to support the NARSUM; if I ever get to that point.......

Just got called that they are waiting for signatures before I come in to review my NARSUM. I noticed that on AKO my profile changed and now I have more P3's. I'll post it once I got it in hand.

Glad to hear you got to your NARSUM now. I am also waiting on ONE doctor to send paperwork so mine can get created also. It is very frustrating process for sure. Only 3rd step in and behind goal times. Lol.

So I just sign my NARSUM after I appelled 2 conditions they said fitting and should have been unfitting. One was accepted and now my paperwork is off to San Antonio. Hope the timeline to hear back is not too bad.....

Always good to see another Infantry guy on here.

For Hearing Loss the VA will not rate it but the way around is the constant ringing called Tinnitus. The VA rates that instead of Hearing Loss and it's 10% only. There was something going on a few years ago when the VA changed the Hearing Loss thing. I started in 1994 and even then we wore the hearing plug case on the BDUs. I miss that duty uniform but not spit shinning those boots. lol

Ensure you read and read on here. There is a lot of information and this site has helped me out many times. I get no assistance from the legal counsel and PEBLO that I have. It's been a fight and I'm at the appeal stage for PEB. I'm doing a VARR since the ratings are messed up and like a fool I listened to the legal counsel during the MEB stage tell me that I'll appeal the PEB that there was no use in appealing the MEB. And here I am with one miss diagnosed condition and some worsened conditions that should have been fixed at the MEB with an appeal.

My advice like the others, keep in this fight. Because it is and read and read. Stay ahead of the VA and anyone in your IDES as you are a "case" to them and they get credit when your case is complete. The AKO site that shows the IDES timeline is not accurate. It's pretty good source for a timeline but this forum is better.

Not sure your plans after all this but the VA offers a Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program. Gsnowler mentioned it in another forum I read today. He is in a Ma program at USC that costs $125K and the VA is paying that, he gets the BAH stipend and I read on that forum that the VA also paid for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.

Good luck! Follow Me!

Take care.
Could you send me that as well if it's not too much trouble?