90% VA, 10% Military

M3talhead

Registered Member
Im going in front of the formal board in 20 days after receiving my IDES rating. Needless to say, I'm not excited about seeing 17 years of service come down to a lump sum check and a "thanks, but no thanks" pat on the back.

It's been a month since I requested a copy of my medical records for my own scrub and still nothing. According to my OAC attorney and local wounded warrior care team, my PCM of 4 years wrote notes regarding a few conditions that lacked clarity and were thus not considered or rated. On top of everything, that same PCM is no longer employed by the gov, so going back and asking for clarification or documentation is not possible.

What are my options? How should I address the formal board when arguing that the ambiguous nature of her notes really should be given more credibility when she's not available for comment? I'm currently going back and getting any and every doc who works at the clinic and referral management to give me some kind of diagnosis that will get me from 10% to 30%.

It's no secret that Hurlburt and the 1 SOW is the most deployed wing in the AF. These providers are seeing 20-30 patients each day and while the care I've receive is not the issue, the documentation sucks.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Will you be using counsel? If so lay it all out to the counsel. Then listen carefully to their advice.

In addition to DoD documentation, you can use your VA C&P documents and statements from peers, subordinate or supervisors who witnessed injuries. It is unfortunate that the documentation is poor. Often special operators under report to avoid being sidelined. Anytime, Anywhere

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It seems like all these diagnoses should have been gathered during the C&P exam phase instead of directly prior to a formal board.

Determined2018

Registered Member
Im going in front of the formal board in 20 days after receiving my IDES rating. Needless to say, I'm not excited about seeing 17 years of service come down to a lump sum check and a "thanks, but no thanks" pat on the back.

It's been a month since I requested a copy of my medical records for my own scrub and still nothing. According to my OAC attorney and local wounded warrior care team, my PCM of 4 years wrote notes regarding a few conditions that lacked clarity and were thus not considered or rated. On top of everything, that same PCM is no longer employed by the gov, so going back and asking for clarification or documentation is not possible.

What are my options? How should I address the formal board when arguing that the ambiguous nature of her notes really should be given more credibility when she's not available for comment? I'm currently going back and getting any and every doc who works at the clinic and referral management to give me some kind of diagnosis that will get me from 10% to 30%.

It's no secret that Hurlburt and the 1 SOW is the most deployed wing in the AF. These providers are seeing 20-30 patients each day and while the care I've receive is not the issue, the documentation sucks.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.[/QUOT

Determined2018

Registered Member
Hello,

I am AD Army and I just went before the formal board two days ago. Although the FPEB came back with only unfit for 1 of my 7 unfitting conditions I found that the letters I got from co-workers or people who have had to help me played a key role in getting at least the one. Since I was over 20 years AD they didn’t want to medically retire me. Another thing that helped was my lawyer made sure she questioned me on information important to get on record. Based on the questions the doctor asked me it was obvious that he hadn’t even peeked at my profiles but I addressed it myself based on the questions my lawyer asked me. Prepare your case based on what you want and be honest with your lawyer. You have nothing to lose at this point.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">