A little reassurance?

I read this article and whole heartedly disagree with it (but it is also 4 years old). I don't even think 10% are receiving retirements. I truly don't. Just look at the board and read all of the denials. Well more than 3 in 4 is getting denied. More like 9 of 10.

While I cannot prove my theory it is just what I have observed here.

That being said, every single person whom is eligible needs to apply!

I read this article and whole heartedly disagree with it (but it is also 4 years old). I don't even think 10% are receiving retirements. I truly don't. Just look at the board and read all of the denials. Well more than 3 in 4 is getting denied. More like 9 of 10.

While I cannot prove my theory it is just what I have observed here.

That being said, every single person whom is eligible needs to apply!

I completely agree with you. The article is several years old. However, it was the only one I found. Now I can say that I did some statistical analysis, with randomized sampling patterns, and it seems close to 10% to me of the 2015 boards anyway. I just did a quick, every 6th one yes or no, and extrapolated. I am not by any means stating that I am 100% accurate, but it gives a good ballpark. Roughly 12% of the boards I used from CY 15 resulted in retirement. One interesting thing I noted, there seems to be a correlation between file size. The smaller files appear to be overwhelming denied. There also seems to be a slightly higher chance of retirement when someone specifically requests the board to review all conditions. I honestly didn't want to apply at first because I had buried that hurt and was trying to move on from it. Applying to the PDBR is like letting the waterfall rush in again. Whatever the outcome I know it will all work out as it should. Like you, I would encourage everyone apply. What is the worst that can happen? You end up exactly where you are when you appply.

You most certainly need to go back to VA and reapply. This rating from the military could in effect help you in your application with the VA but the PDBR system is actually designed to work the opposite. They are using the VA comp and pen exams and treatment records to help correct our rates we were given on discharge. You need to submit a new claim with the VA asap.

At 18 months you still have a bit more of a wait so don't worry yet. Have you emailed them to check on the status?

And it does work. Several of us on here have been given retirements from the PDBR. Myself included.
If you don't mind me asking, what does it mean to get a retirement from the PDBR? I just sent my letter to them in March. I am already at a 20% unfitting and another minor 10%.

If you don't mind me asking, what does it mean to get a retirement from the PDBR? I just sent my letter to them in March. I am already at a 20% unfitting and another minor 10%.

I am by no means an expert, and there are some confusing aspects to certain benefits. First and foremost, it means a wrong has been made right. You and your dependents will get ID cards and Tricare. You are eligible for Space A travel, use of the Exchange and commissary, staying in lodging on base, etc.. Now the whole pay aspect is better answered by someone with more knowledge. There are really tricky parts to it that concern VA compensation, severance pay, Combat related disabilities, and so on. There are a couple of threads here that discuss it at length. Hopefully, someone can chime in about the pay.