Resource icon

A practical guide to Conduction VA Compensation and Pension Exams for PTSD and other MH disorders. 2018-03-03

No permission to download

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Looks like you have to pay to read it. I would caution everyone to enter a VA MH exam prepared. My first one the psychologist told me a joke. I gave a short laugh because that’s what you are supposed to do. When I got a copy of the exam he said “patient was in a great mood and laughs easily”. Couldn’t have been further from the truth but that’s what he wrote. Expect to face someone with an agenda against you.

Also take a look at the VASRD section on MH and go in there talking about your worst symptoms. Make sure you tell the worst case that you feel. If you say you have panic attacks, then make sure you also say you have them daily or 4-5 per week. Don’t let the doc say that you have them less than you do. You’ll end up with a lower rating. Also have some statements in support of claim where friends family and coworkers write about you and make sure what they wrote has some of the VA language sprinkled around.