ABCMR or PDBR: Seeking where and how to get assisitance

skuba8563

PEB Forum Regular Member
I was discharged 7/2004 and given a discharge rating of 10% which was solely based on 1 problem (didnt include hearing loss, nerve damage, plantar fashitis, tinuitis) and was told I was unfit for duty, not given the option to reclass, improperly counseled, and given an incorrect PULHES. I was told I could reenlist with a waiver and after 6 years of trying have now been told that according to regulation 40-501 my condition automatically disqualifies me for reenlistment. I had lumbar fusion and nerve damage that causes tingling down my legs that continues today. If I had known that I would have done everything in my power to have stayed in. Before discharge I did fil complaints and file for a review but was denied

After several emails to through contacts with the Wounded Warrior program, I have been advised to fill out the forms and to file with the ABCMR.

I am confused on if I should file with the ABCMR or the PDBR. I know the are several inconsistencies and inaccuracies in my discharge and I can prove it. I have saved every piece of paper know to man on my medical condition.

Which one or both do I file with?

Should I try to find an attorney that can represent me?

What should be included and how thourough the documents when submitting the forms?

Should I appear in person if requested?

I can better advise if you can answer the following questions:

Has the VA rated the conditon for which you were found unfit. If so, what is that rating and when did it become effective? What conditons were listed on your DA 199, DA 3947 and in your NARSUM? What is your total VA and for what conditons?

Mike