ABCMR Timeline Question?

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Anybody know roughly how long the wait period is from the time the ABCMR receives a Medical Advisory Opinion from the Army Surgeon General and the case is boarded and a decision rendered?

Any input would be appreciated-thanks.

When a case is assigned to an examiner it is filed in date (date of application) order in a pending file. That way the oldest one is written first. The fact that it has an advisory opinion has no bearing on this. As for how quickly it will get boarded, it depends on the backlog. When I retired we were completing cases on an average of 8 months from the date of application.

When a case is assigned to an examiner it is filed in date (date of application) order in a pending file. That way the oldest one is written first. The fact that it has an advisory opinion has no bearing on this. As for how quickly it will get boarded, it depends on the backlog. When I retired we were completing cases on an average of 8 months from the date of application.

Thanks Ed-- my case is a remand case with a court ordered set timeline. We got the Medical Advisory Opinion a lot quicker than expected- will this have any bearing what so ever?

Thanks Ed-- my case is a remand case with a court ordered set timeline. We got the Medical Advisory Opinion a lot quicker than expected- will this have any bearing what so ever?

Mr Ed my hubby got an advisory opinion back in March 4 2017 from case management division said it was being put on hold for 30 days can you tell me whats the next step on this im green as grass on this and sorry if i didnt need to ask ? here thanks