AD extension while in IDAS

Craig2356

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Submitted my most recent VARR and ratings practically stayed the same as they were, however I pleaded my case to VA and had a DRO review my entire file, many mistakes found and corrected by VA this time around, with this third look my rates increased.

Currently I'm under an extension on AD (practically should've been out of the Army a few months ago but because of IDAS am still AD until IDAS is complete), this month submitted paperwork to get an extension to my extension since IDAS is still going (waiting on revised DA199 from PEB to reflect newly assigned ratings from VA), to my demise, I was told that I've already finished my MEB (it hasn't until I get DA 199 with new rates) and therefore an extension isn't warranted.

I've read somewhere in AR 600-8-24 where it states that officers ought to stay in AD until the IDAS process is fully complete (mine hasn't yet), so, can anyone please post some excerpts from AR's to back me up with the extension until IDAS is fully finished?

Thanks

Just to add some background to gather explicit information to my case:

-- I am past 20 years in AD service.
-- The extension is needed as I was twice non-selected for promotion (medical issues and hence MEB), and due to the non-selection for promotion my date to be out by was April 2016 as per HRC failure for promotion memo.

My believe is that I am grand-fathered in until IDAS is fully complete and extension to remain in AD should be granted due to it.

I need AR sources or any other official documentation to attest to it. Thanks