AF Form 356 to VA fit/unfit?

harringj

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called Providence VA this morning and they said they received my AF Form 356, but that's all the information they could provide to me at this time. Haven't been able to get ahold of my PEBLO today. Can anyone tell me if this is any determination or fit or unfit? Just trying to find out any additional info...

Update.. IPEB start date 12-01-17 IPEB decision 12/5/17. "No, found unfit." 21 years to the day I enlisted in the AF.. See retirement in the near future... Awaiting VA ratings..

Providence has been very helpful. I don't know who I spoke with there but one gentleman was open enough to tell me that my case was sitting on someone's desk. I've had a flurry of activity since. Surprisingly I was even told about my 356. Have you had any movements in e-benefits or vets.gov?

Last edited:
Providence has been very helpful. I don't know who I spoke with there but one gentleman was open enough to tell me that my case was sitting on someone's desk. I've had a flurry of activity since. Surprisingly I was even told about my 356. Have you had any movements in e-benefits or vets.gov?
Vets.gov still shows” evidence , review, decision. Last update Sept. 26th The VA said they were just waiting for the AF to make a decision.

I was told same thing but my package had been there all along. Just took a while to get to a rater. From submission to AFPC to DRAS was 11 days and I had close to 18 claimed conditions. One guy at Providence evidently wasn't looking at the right screen or whatever and kept telling me they were waiting on AF to make decision. I finally got hold of supv a few days later and he told me they had it already, inc the 356. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my package because AF said they had sent it several weeks ago.

I was told same thing but my package had been there all along. Just took a while to get to a rater. From submission to AFPC to DRAS was 11 days and I had close to 18 claimed conditions. One guy at Providence evidently wasn't looking at the right screen or whatever and kept telling me they were waiting on AF to make decision. I finally got hold of supv a few days later and he told me they had it already, inc the 356. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my package because AF said they had sent it several weeks ago.
You’d think this process would be better after so long. It’s probably an improvement over years ago but I don’t recall a lot of MEBs going through when I came in 20 years ago.

Hope you have better luck with your PEBLO than I did. I called and asked for an update on a fit or unfit memo -or any updates. Didn't bother looking in her system but immediately replied "No, huh-uh. IPEB is taking 2-4 months and we aren't there yet." Said "whoever is telling you information shouldn't be". So glad I won't be going through this process much longer. Before asking my PEBLO, I already confirmed where my stuff was currently at. Feel horrible for others who are going through this that wouldn't otherwise know where to turn for help.

Hope you have better luck with your PEBLO than I did. I called and asked for an update on a fit or unfit memo -or any updates. Didn't bother looking in her system but immediately replied "No, huh-uh. IPEB is taking 2-4 months and we aren't there yet." Said "whoever is telling you information shouldn't be". So glad I won't be going through this process much longer. Before asking my PEBLO, I already confirmed where my stuff was currently at. Feel horrible for others who are going through this that wouldn't otherwise know where to turn for help.
She’s been pretty helpful. I stop in every Monday and look for updates. She pulls up the system and see where everything it at. I guess I was dropped from the system after they found me fit, but my package was sent to AFPC and they said unfit so I had to be reloaded into the system which took 2 weeks. Then IPEB which looks to have taken about 3 days for that unfit. Now she says it’s at the VA waiting for ratings, then back to AFPC-PEBLO-ME I believe. My PEBLO states that IPEB can take time but I told her that I called the VA and they stated they had my 356. So she went online into the tracker and pulls up and shows me/and prints out the unfit from the IPEB for me.