AF Rollback for being unfit with 6 years of medical conditions? 11yrs of service!

Djgrafitti

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Im currently put on the upcoming rollback on 31March this year. I have been on profile for 6 years now and just last october my medical records were reviewed by the DAWG. They said there is nothing that requires a MEB and return to duty. I am still being forced out of the air force for being unfit due to I cant PT test but yet medical says Im fit for duty? I'm a mechanic and have not done my job for a few years now. I've been paper pushing since 2006. How will I be able to get a job on the outside with a bad shoulder that i can't even lift yet and groin pains that are "Nerve" pains make me drop to my knees sometimes? I have issues, real issues medically and they are going to kick me out and make me go through the VA for my issues. Can they just say bye and enjoy your conditions on the civilain world through the VA?

I have these conditions:
I have sharp pains in my groin from bending and lifting issues since my double hernia surgery, Sleep apnea that after 5 years was finally addressed last month and now im on a machine (that will be taken from me when discharged), and shoulder surgery last month to which I'm being told wont feel normal until about 6 months from now, sever migrains and hemroids.

What is rollback? See DoDI 1332.38, Enclosure 4, for conditions that require entry into the DES (MEB/PEB). Do any of your conditions require entry into the DES based on these standards?

Mike

Yes, I have apnea with machine and nightmare migrains that prevent me from being able to even stand up. These are listed in the DODi you provided.

So, do they meet the entry criteria as stated below from DoDI 1332.38? If so, then entry into the DES is required. The apnea w/CPAP seems clear. I would argue the migraines as well but unfortunately one can define frequent and incapacitating anyway they want if their aim is to deny disability benefits.

4.1.1. This enclosure provides a listing, mainly by body system, of medical conditions and physical defects which are cause for referral into the Disability Evaluation System (DES).

E4.12.7. Headaches. Headaches, Migraine, Tension, Vascular, Cluster Types. When manifested by documented frequent incapacitating attacks.

E4.12.10. Sleep Apnea Syndrome, when complicated by requirement for an appliance such as CPAP for control.

So, do they meet the entry criteria as stated below from DoDI 1332.38? If so, then entry into the DES is required. The apnea w/CPAP seems clear. I would argue the migraines as well but unfortunately one can define frequent and incapacitating anyway they want if their aim is to deny disability benefits.

4.1.1. This enclosure provides a listing, mainly by body system, of medical conditions and physical defects which are cause for referral into the Disability Evaluation System (DES).

E4.12.7. Headaches. Headaches, Migraine, Tension, Vascular, Cluster Types. When manifested by documented frequent incapacitating attacks.

E4.12.10. Sleep Apnea Syndrome, when complicated by requirement for an appliance such as CPAP for control.

They say that they have to follow the AFI and they don't have to put me up for MEB. Also our ADC doesn't even know what a DODi is, seriously they don't and they said the AFI says I don't need one and I can still be discharged without medical.l