Air Force CRSC application approved

Kim76

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good morning!

I recently received word that my CRSC application was approved. The approval came a little over 4 weeks after I submitted my application. According to AFPC, it will take DFAS 60 - 90 business days after receiving the approval letter to issue payment (if payment is appropriate). Also, the effective date has been backdated to May 2013.

Now, some amplifying info to help others gauge their situation. I applied for CRSC for PTSD that stemmed from an aircraft incident. The PTSD had been deemed combat-related from my SECAF appeal but that is not to say that you should lose hope if your AF form 356 does not say combat-related. Apply anyways!!!

As far as documentation, I believe my case was a little more "black and white." Unlike most of our brothers/sisters in arms who are suffering, I was fortunate enough to have a paper trail. Here is what I submitted with my application:

1. Medical records from 4 different doctors who diagnosed me with PTSD.
2. The flight orders and medical record from the night of the mishap.
3. An article from a local newspaper as well as from Air Force Times.
4. AF form 356 and my decision letter from the SECAF appeal.
5. I also printed DoDI 1332.38 Enclosure 3 Part 5 and highlighted the combat-related circumstance that applied to my situation.
6. Final ratings from the VA.

I hope this helps!

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good morning!

I recently received word that my CRSC application was approved. The approval came a little over 4 weeks after I submitted my application. According to AFPC, it will take DFAS 60 - 90 business days after receiving the approval letter to issue payment (if payment is appropriate). Also, the effective date has been backdated to May 2013.

Now, some amplifying info to help others gauge their situation. I applied for CRSC for PTSD that stemmed from an aircraft incident. The PTSD had been deemed combat-related from my SECAF appeal but that is not to say that you should lose hope if your AF form 356 does not say combat-related. Apply anyways!!!

As far as documentation, I believe my case was a little more "black and white." Unlike most of our brothers/sisters in arms who are suffering, I was fortunate enough to have a paper trail. Here is what I submitted with my application:

1. Medical records from 4 different doctors who diagnosed me with PTSD.
2. The flight orders and medical record from the night of the mishap.
3. An article from a local newspaper as well as from Air Force Times.
4. AF form 356 and my decision letter from the SECAF appeal.
5. I also printed DoDI 1332.38 Enclosure 3 Part 5 and highlighted the combat-related circumstance that applied to my situation.
6. Final ratings from the VA.

I hope this helps!
Indeed, this is quite outstanding news and congratulations for sure! :) Enjoy your forthcoming entitlements! :D

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!