Air Force IPEB

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How long did you guys have to wait for an IPEB fit/unfit decision? My package has been there since the 15th and I'm trying to see about how much longer I have.

Neverending

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It differs. I know mine was about a month from when we submitted it locally until when I got the Mypers message stating that it had been sent to VA for ratings (this is what most people refer to as the "unfit" finding). Check out some of the other timelines on here from the last couple of months and you will get an idea of what the average is.

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It differs. I know mine was about a month from when we submitted it locally until when I got the Mypers message stating that it had been sent to VA for ratings (this is what most people refer to as the "unfit" finding). Check out some of the other timelines on here from the last couple of months and you will get an idea of what the average is.
Ok thanks for the reply I'm hoping that this headache of a process is almost over. My MSC said that the DRAS was just about done with my ratings so hopefully it gets moving.

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update
15 Nov-package sent to IPEB
21 Nov-notified that IPEB received package via email
28 Nov-va received unfit memo from IPEB

Now waiting on ratings to be sent back to the AF but I feel like this part is moving pretty fast.

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For anyone who needs it these are all working numbers that I have personally used for updates.
(401)223-3700 - Providence VA
(210)565-3256 - AFPC
(210)565-0739 - OAC

Disclaimer: you may have to call multiple times to get someone to anwser.

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No they didn't hassle at all. They were actually really nice and answered all of my questions. As far as a copy no I did not receive one. From what I've seen on this site we get a copy when we sign for ratings with the PEBLO.

harringj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just called Providence VA. They were helpful although the AF still hasn't made a decision on fit/unfit on my particular case.

harringj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
They have the exams and paperwork, but not the decision from the AF Disability Branch from my understanding. Locally I was found fit, then the Medical Branch said unfit. So I’m waiting on the 3rd group to give the final fit or unfit.

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called Providence as well. Was told they don't have my PEB package yet but it usually takes a few weeks to get scanned in their system, as everything is electronic. It was supposedly send up 2 weeks ago. Now I'm totally confused.

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called Providence as well. Was told they don't have my PEB package yet but it usually takes a few weeks to get scanned in their system, as everything is electronic. It was supposedly send up 2 weeks ago. Now I'm totally confused.
That's weird because he was able to read off the unfit finding for me over the phone and that was 2 days after they said the IPEB submitted it to them.

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Some older-sounding guy. Didn't get his name. Ill try back later and see if I get anyone else. He was nice but not much info. How did you ask the question? I simply stated I was following up status on my claim.

Last edited:

Freeatlast

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Some older-sounding guy. Didn't get his name. Ill try back later and see if I get anyone else. He was nice but not much info. How did you ask the question? I simply stated I was following up status on my claim.
I asked if they had received my unfit package from the IPEB. After that he just came out and told me they were waiting to assign my case to someone to rate. Hope that helps.

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I called again and got a different person. Again, very nice guy willing to help (wish PEBLO was like this guy). Said they were still waiting on IPEB findings from the AF. Had everything else they needed except those particular findings. I'll give it a week or two then call back. Was really hoping to start my out-processing this month. 4 weeks with Randolph.

harringj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I called again and got a different person. Again, very nice guy willing to help (wish PEBLO was like this guy). Said they were still waiting on IPEB findings from the AF. Had everything else they needed except those particular findings. I'll give it a week or two then call back. Was really hoping to start my out-processing this month. 4 weeks with Randolph.
Is the process that quick once IPEB findings are sent to the VA? As far as outprocessing... I was thinking maybe two-three months or so after they say unfit.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">