Air Force IPEB

I finally got copy of my proposed ratings. I'm very happy. However I'm confused about my DoD ratings now because 3 conditions were proposed not service connected but I only got them a few years ago and I've been active th whole time. Going to be upset if DoD now comes back and offers severence because of these 3 conditions. I don't even know what I was found unfit for to compare besides migraines and OSA (due to medicine reqd for fatigue). Are all the conditions on my 618 what I was found unfit for? How would I know if P&T? I'm thinking if DoD adopts at least my migraines then I should be fine.
Who did you get your ratings from?

Hello, so I've been following this thread for awhile and I finally have some updates to post along with the rest of you.

I've been on a profile for over a year and first heard the phrase "MEB" back in january, didn't get enough treatment and evidence compiled until august for them to put it together, now my timeline has been this so far:

5 Oct - Notification of I-RILO / Initial PEBLO briefing
25 Oct - NARSUM completed
26 Oct - Commander's Impact Letter Completed
27 Oct - I-RILO submitted
30 Oct - I-RILO returned directing full MEB
1 Nov - Initial MEB Briefing
13 Nov - Met with VA MSC, compiled claims
16 Nov - C&P exams scheduled
28 Nov - C&P exams completed
11 Dec - Results sent back to Base

my ebenefits says "pending decision approval" but also under updates it says "development letter sent"

So I did my VA exams already through QTC, my PEBLO is very cheery but I have to call alot to ask questions and not be annoying at the same time. Thank you all for those numbers posted above, I intend on calling providence soon if I don't get any updates soon.

What happens now? My peblo told me that she was looking over my DBQs from the VA and has to have a provider sign them off, and that it would have to go to the VA afterwards for ratings, is that the IPEB? I have got no notification of fit/unfit yet but I have close to 30 conditions on ebenefits I'm seeking claims to. Just want to speed this up, I have a lot of issues with my spouse being disabled as well and need to speed this process up so I can attend to recovery for both of us. So if my stuff is still here at the base, where does it get sent from here? I'm trying to follow the MEB timeline but it feels like things are being skipped in the sequence of events, very confused here. Any help will be helpful!

Hello, so I've been following this thread for awhile and I finally have some updates to post along with the rest of you.

I've been on a profile for over a year and first heard the phrase "MEB" back in january, didn't get enough treatment and evidence compiled until august for them to put it together, now my timeline has been this so far:

5 Oct - Notification of I-RILO / Initial PEBLO briefing
25 Oct - NARSUM completed
26 Oct - Commander's Impact Letter Completed
27 Oct - I-RILO submitted
30 Oct - I-RILO returned directing full MEB
1 Nov - Initial MEB Briefing
13 Nov - Met with VA MSC, compiled claims
16 Nov - C&P exams scheduled
28 Nov - C&P exams completed
11 Dec - Results sent back to Base

my ebenefits says "pending decision approval" but also under updates it says "development letter sent"

So I did my VA exams already through QTC, my PEBLO is very cheery but I have to call alot to ask questions and not be annoying at the same time. Thank you all for those numbers posted above, I intend on calling providence soon if I don't get any updates soon.

What happens now? My peblo told me that she was looking over my DBQs from the VA and has to have a provider sign them off, and that it would have to go to the VA afterwards for ratings, is that the IPEB? I have got no notification of fit/unfit yet but I have close to 30 conditions on ebenefits I'm seeking claims to. Just want to speed this up, I have a lot of issues with my spouse being disabled as well and need to speed this process up so I can attend to recovery for both of us. So if my stuff is still here at the base, where does it get sent from here? I'm trying to follow the MEB timeline but it feels like things are being skipped in the sequence of events, very confused here. Any help will be helpful!

First found fit or unfit locally, then it goes to AFPC Medical (they also get a say in fit/unfit), then to Disabilities Branch (to get final unfit/fit) If the disabilities say unfit then you're not going to return to duty unless you appeal it. Then the disabilities branch sends your 356 to the VA for ratings. I haven't received an unfit email yet either, but if the VA gets your 356 then your unfit. I called the VA and they noted they had my 356, so I called PEBLO and they looked it up in their system and verified the unfit. From when the disabilities branch gets the package to an unfit can be quick. Loaded to the system for review on the 1st of Dec and unfit on the 4th of Dec.

So in both my NARSUM and commander's letter it indicated unfit /do not retain. My PEBLO said that she has to look over my DBQ's from the C&P exams for all the diagnoses to see if there is anything else a provider would add to the list of unfitting conditions. As far as I know, there were additional diagnoses but only stuff that the VA would rate. I just want to get this process over with, I've already been out of work for nearly a year and a half and this whole thing is life-draining. I called providence VA and left a voicemail, how long would it take for them to get back to me?

Also, would providence VA even have my package yet if its still at my base? I don't understand what the package is doing at my base if the Air Force portion is already completed and I was determined unfit from the get-go. How many more times does it have to go back and forth until the ratings and final disposition come down? I'm not appealing anything or doing an impartial medical review or a VARR I just want the package to keep moving and not sit on someone's desk (thats why these MEB's take so damn long).

We should have a thread on here for "how to keep your package moving" lol. I'm going to bug my PEBLO again on monday, what should I ask based on where it is now?

You shouldn't "bug" her. If she is working it, then you have to give it time. Calling the PEBLO everyday will only take her time away from working on your case and the many others that she is working.

I didn't mean it like that, just call to ask some questions. So how many days do I have to sign the package once it comes back? I don't remember how many from the timeline, but I usually sign something the day it comes back to speed things up.

So in both my NARSUM and commander's letter it indicated unfit /do not retain. My PEBLO said that she has to look over my DBQ's from the C&P exams for all the diagnoses to see if there is anything else a provider would add to the list of unfitting conditions. As far as I know, there were additional diagnoses but only stuff that the VA would rate. I just want to get this process over with, I've already been out of work for nearly a year and a half and this whole thing is life-draining. I called providence VA and left a voicemail, how long would it take for them to get back to me?

Also, would providence VA even have my package yet if its still at my base? I don't understand what the package is doing at my base if the Air Force portion is already completed and I was determined unfit from the get-go. How many more times does it have to go back and forth until the ratings and final disposition come down? I'm not appealing anything or doing an impartial medical review or a VARR I just want the package to keep moving and not sit on someone's desk (thats why these MEB's take so damn long).

Providence won't have anything yet, if its still at your base. It still needs to go to AFPC Medical (if your AF), then to the AF Disabilities Branch, then to the VA for ratings. Then in reverse basically. The VA notifies the AFPC, then to your PEBLO, then to you. But once the VA has your 356 then you know you're close.. You can call the # on vets.gov but they're just going to say "we're waiting on your branch of service". Sucks, but just keep getting paid on the 1st and 15th and let the process roll as it does. Hurry up and wait basically. I'd just check on a weekly basis. Like every Monday or every other Monday. Just a quick... "Hey, just seeing if there's anything else you need or any additional info that's came down about........" It's not a perfect process and it seems like there's always someone else that needs to review it.

Also wondering.. VA said they had my proposed rating, but couldn't give them to me. PEBLO said nothing is showing up in their system yet..
The MSC should provide to you. I do not know my unfitting conditions though. Still waiting on that part.

Yeah. I am hoping as well but honestly I don't know how long the IPEB will take to apply the ratings and give back to our PEBLOs, who then has to contact us during a holiday week. I read someone in here got an email from MyPers once the Peb folks pushed it to our PEBLOs. I guess it's just random because some others evidently received unfit emails as well. It appears from reading these posts, however, some didn't.

Yeah. I am hoping as well but honestly I don't know how long the IPEB will take to apply the ratings and give back to our PEBLOs, who then has to contact us during a holiday week. I read someone in here got an email from MyPers once the Peb folks pushed it to our PEBLOs. I guess it's just random because some others evidently received unfit emails as well. It appears from reading these posts, however, some didn't.
I agree because I have only received 1 email this entire process but most if not all people say they received the mypers email notifying that the PEBLO has the ratings.

It's a race because if not early next week, then liklihood of signing will be in Jan. But even if we were to sign then, we probably couldn't do anything until we get orders and, as we all know, a lot of people take leave from Christmas up to New Year's. Just going to enjoy the holidays with my family and let it ride because it looks like we are about to cross the finish line!

Any idea how long it takes the local group to review my package so that I can sign it and have it sent off to the IPEB already? Will they do it in January because its the holidays now? I messaged on here a few weeks back mentioning that my PEBLO received my VA C&P package on dec 12 and I'm still waiting for a provider to sign off on it for me to come in and sign it myself? My NARSUM was finished before any of the VA portion began so I'm not sure whats taking so long (other than holidays). Any ideas?

Update: Received 356 today and official VA proposed ratings. Recommends permanent retirement @ 21 years of service + 90% VA. Merry Christmas !