AIT Holdunder, AVN of the femoral heads.

Jessishlike

Registered Member
I was wondering if anybody has some answers/advice for me...

I'm 22, still in AIT and have been a holdunder since 11Sep2010. I've been on 2 Con-leave's and have been on crutches this whole time.

The dr's can't decide if I have AVN or Osteoporosis. What are the chances of MEB? Am I ever going to get out of AIT?! I'm beginning to feel like I am in prison, and being punished for an injury I did not cause or do on purpose. Aren't there laws stating that after so much time I become permanent party or assigned to a home base?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks so much.

Jessihlike,

Waiting, especially in a trainee status, can be brutal. However, it is to your great advantage to go through the MEB/PEB process if you are not returned to duty earlier. It sounds like your conditions fail retention standards, so I would think that you should go to an MEB (though, if the docs think you may recover, then this may be put off for a while while you heal).

Not much can be done until you get MOSQ'd regarding your status. It is a TRADOC issue and the last time I looked, there were no exceptions to making you permanent party. It is possible that things have changed in the time since I have looked at that issue, but I doubt it. I know that is probably not what you were hoping to hear.

Hang in there!

Thank you, Jason.

I just wanted some clear direction in this forum. And you definitely helped! Any ideas on how long it may take?

It is really hard to say how long it may take. If you have a P3 profile for more than a year, you should be referred to a MEB. However, they can do it sooner if the doctors think you will not return to duty. So, it may be only a short while longer, or you may be looking at many months. Given your trainee status, though, I tend to think it would come sooner (this is not based on a regulation, just a hunch I have about how the doctors are likely to view the case....I could be wrong).

Best of luck!