almost done; formal set - need letters for lawyer

ZYZZbrah

Registered Member
without getting into too much PII on my situation, I will give you a brief run down without exact dates/specifics

-deployed location, hospitalized for bulging discs, induced into sleep via dilauded.
-MRI 3 years after showed insane trauma to my spine.
-exhausted all possible remedies(stopped after Transforaminal endiscopic discectomy)
-back surgery failed, PCM suggested more, but from another doctor. i politely refused. MEB started
-started seeking help for depression.
-domino effect, meds created other intestinal issues, headaches and the list goes on.

so - the VA rated me pretty reasonable. The DOD, however, just copy and pasted the same rating. 20% for DOD for "lower back pain". This isn't just pain, this is chronic every day pain that is irreversible. I didn't stub my toe, i can't walk this off, every waking moment of my life is painful. PEBLO states that my depression rating at 50% should have been added/considered for DQ.

I got a little push back from my lawyer for the formal board; however, i was given a "TO DO" list. Can I do PT? can I perform my day to day duties? can I deploy? for all of those, if we're talking about persistent depression, it is completely irrelevant. I decided to push for my nerve damage as that is what is limiting my everyday full-time job.

To be honest, I have no idea on how to set these templates up. I decided to write them myself for each person because I know myself better than anyone else. I just need their signatures.

does anybody have a template letter? anything specific that needs to be included? I was hoping for some assistance from lawyer, but they're more or less guiding me to do the work for them.

at this point anything is appreciated. I would like nothing more than to retire with benefits for my family. My body is tired and I almost see the light, but with my depression saying "fuck it, fuck it all just accept this shit and move on" its hard for me to stay focused/positive.

thx
-brah

teemoore82

Registered Member
I typed up my own memorandum using my units letter head and the information I was trying to have added as unfitting which was radiculopathy that the meb conveniently left off my profile. I stated how it affected my ability to do my job and how it was on my profile that referred me to the meb. I also included recent doctors notes from the spine clinic to add as evidence. My peblo says the information I provided is good. I received 20 percent for my back and 20 percent for the nerve damage from the VA.

Noobzor

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I typed up my own memorandum using my units letter head and the information I was trying to have added as unfitting which was radiculopathy that the meb conveniently left off my profile. I stated how it affected my ability to do my job and how it was on my profile that referred me to the meb. I also included recent doctors notes from the spine clinic to add as evidence. My peblo says the information I provided is good. I received 20 percent for my back and 20 percent for the nerve damage from the VA.
Were you able to get it added for you? I'm literally in the same boat. OAC also mentioned those 3 disqualifying factors for being able to move radiculopathy to cat 1.

CJ808

Registered Member
I am in the same position. I just received my findings back and only got 10% from the DOD for"hip pain." I requested an appeal to have a formal board last week. My lawyer gave me a "to do list" and to type up a personal statement. I'm not very good about writing about myself, does anyone have any examples or templates they can share?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">