Any issues with claiming PTSD

TheBears

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been in the Army for 12 years and currently going through the Med board for PTSD as my unfitting condition. I have my C&P exam next week with BH. I have been seeing a psyh doc and psychologist for over a year and been inpatient treatment as well as for sucidal ideations. My last deployment was 2008 in Iraq saw a psychologist briefly in 2009 once she told me I might have PTSD I told her don't write that shit in my record due to my career and never went back. Well she actually wrote it in my record. I have seen Soldiers go through the whole process to be found fit for PTSD. Just want some of your input if that happen to any of you and where you able to appeal it successfully.

Is your goal to stay in?

Hello The Bears, I to have seen Soldiers that have been found fit and rtn back to duty. I also have witnessed 2 in my Brigade that just went through the MED Board in past year for PTSD as their only unfitting condition and 1 was given 100% DOD and the other 50% DOD for their PTSD conditions. I just feel everyone's case is different when it comes to your illness being rated. This is the same for others on the forum who are rated for PTSD, everyone's case will differ from one to the other. I also agree with tony do you want to remain in the service or get out? Things will work out for you depending on what you want.

At this point I feel is best to get out with all the other issues I have.

At this point I feel is best to get out with all the other issues I have.
Hey TB, then you must do what is right for you if you want to MED board out. At this point right now it is important to make sure you are getting your medical business in order so that you can get the best ratings for your unfit conditions. Take the time to make sure your medical records are documented correctly because this could make or break you for getting what you deserve as thus far as your ratings when it's all done with. It just may be a blessing what the PSYCH Dr wrote in your records in 2009 for your diagnosis of having PTSD.