Application question

oif1vet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I have my ratings which are 80 DOD, 100 VA. According to the VA ratings, 70% is combat related. My 199 and retirement order also state combat related. Because I retired medically with about 15 years active duty I am applying for CRSC.

My question is whether or not I need to prove that my retirement pay is being waived for the CRSC application or will HRC be able to easily see that information. DFAS is dragging their feet and I still don't have an RAS in MyPay, otherwise i'd just send in that with my packet assuming it shows the waiver. I retired 25 April and would like to apply asap since there is such a backlog and getting by on just VA is getting more and more difficult.

thanks!

So I have my ratings which are 80 DOD, 100 VA. According to the VA ratings, 70% is combat related. My 199 and retirement order also state combat related. Because I retired medically with about 15 years active duty I am applying for CRSC.

My question is whether or not I need to prove that my retirement pay is being waived for the CRSC application or will HRC be able to easily see that information. DFAS is dragging their feet and I still don't have an RAS in MyPay, otherwise i'd just send in that with my packet assuming it shows the waiver. I retired 25 April and would like to apply asap since there is such a backlog and getting by on just VA is getting more and more difficult.

thanks!

Indeed, I can totally comprehend; it has been nearly 13 months since the submission of my DFAS CRSC application and I am still awaiting the CRSC decision letter.

During the submission of a DFAS CRSC application, please keep in mind that each military branch of service shall make their own independent determination for a combat-related injury finding during CRSC application processing as based upon all submitted medical evidence, medical documentation and/or other applicable supporting documentation or written information. Certainly, having a combat-related injury finding determined by the DoD IDES PEB should have a favorable impression during the processing of a CRSC application, but it doesn't guarantee the receipt of a potential CRSC approval decision letter by the individual military branch of service. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Indeed, I can totally comprehend; it has been nearly 13 months since the submission of my DFAS CRSC application and I am still awaiting the CRSC decision letter.

During the submission of a DFAS CRSC application, please keep in mind that each military branch of service shall make their own independent determination for a combat-related injury finding during CRSC application processing as based upon all submitted medical evidence, medical documentation and/or other applicable supporting documentation or written information. Certainly, having a combat-related injury finding determined by the DoD IDES PEB should have a favorable impression during the processing of a CRSC application, but it doesn't guarantee the receipt of a potential CRSC approval decision letter by the individual military branch of service. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
I 100% understand that the army will decide if I am entitled or not.
My question is whether or not I need to prove that I am waiving retired pay in the application.
Thanks for the reply regardless it’s very much appreciated as always.

I 100% understand that the army will decide if I am entitled or not.
My question is whether or not I need to prove that I am waiving retired pay in the application.
Thanks for the reply regardless it’s very much appreciated as always.
Indeed, no worries and you are welcome.

As referenced on the DD Form 2860 in Section II - Preliminary Requirements, "if you answered NO to all questions a through d above, you are not eligible for CRSC."

To that extent, since the DD Form 2860 doesn't specifically state that an applicant needs to prove the "waive your VA pay from your retired pay" requirement, it would seem that the answer to your question is no.

In my opinion, as you stated as well, it would seem to be an internal review procedure during the processing of the CRSC application that USAHRC would validate the VA waiver requirement to ensure eligibility. Moreover, the USAHRC's "Apply for CRSC" webpage doesn't specially mention the need to provide proof to satisfy the "waive your VA pay from your retired pay" requirement too.

Albeit, that's a very good attention to the details observation and maybe consider contacting the USAHRC Special Compensation Branch, CRSC-TSGLI-PAC, at 1-888-276-9472 for direct feedback about your specific individual inquiry. Take care!

Best Wishes!

Thank you, brother. You are a subject matter expert on all things and we are all lucky to be able to pick your brain.

Take care