jsusaf

Registered Member
Aloha to all!
I am currently in the USAF and have been in for over 18 years. I received my proposed ratings from VA/DoD and "permanent medical retirement" is what the AF indicated. I am scheduled to go to my FPEB this Sept and in the meantime, I have already applied to 2 jobs and plan on applying to more. I will also be attending TAPS for the second time next week.

For most job ads, in order for you to be edible to apply, you need your DD Form 214 which I obviously don't have. But I just typed up my Statement of Service memo and had my Commander sign it and with this, I can submit in addition to my resumes.

What I recently just found out, is that most jobs require that your separation is within 120 days from the date the Statement of Service memo was signed and the date you actually separate from active duty. But in my situation, I don't have a definite retirement date since I am still waiting for my FPEB. So I technically don't know if I'm within 120 days till my separation.

Has anyone gone through this same situation? Am I wasting my time searching for jobs and applying for them? Can I still apply for jobs with only my resume, Statement of Service letter, and paperwork indicating my proposed rating from the VA and paperwork from DoD with rating?

Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks!