approved for FPEB

concernedwife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i was able to look on the boards here and find a number to the medboard office, so my husband called and found out he was approved - but it's in the process of being scheduled, and we should hear from the PEBLO sometime within the next couple of weeks they told us. today marks three weeks since we contested his finding of FIT.

with that being said, does he HAVE to go in front of the board? i am getting mixed answers from some on the threads here. with my husband's migraines, he just cannot travel - especially if it's during the time where his botox starts to wear off. i know some will say go in front of the board and let them see the amount of pain you're in - but we're not trying to milk anything here... we just want to be able to put his health first.

ALSO, i am getting mixed answers on when they get their ratings WHEN they have their formal board. some say they have to wait, others say they can hear the rating from the DOD right then and there. which one is it?

anything we should be prepared for?

his lawyer mentioned that they ask what their plans are for after military? can they legally ask that? seems a little much.

My answer would have been, "to focus on taking care of my health."

The reason you are getting mixed answers about appearance is each service conducts its on FPEB. What applies to the AF may or may not apply to the Army...

Your lawyer should be able to give you the straight answer.

that would be his answer as well, obviously, but do they have a legal right to come back and say: "that's not an answer"

i was able to look on the boards here and find a number to the medboard office, so my husband called and found out he was approved - but it's in the process of being scheduled, and we should hear from the PEBLO sometime within the next couple of weeks they told us. today marks three weeks since we contested his finding of FIT.

with that being said, does he HAVE to go in front of the board? i am getting mixed answers from some on the threads here. with my husband's migraines, he just cannot travel - especially if it's during the time where his botox starts to wear off. i know some will say go in front of the board and let them see the amount of pain you're in - but we're not trying to milk anything here... we just want to be able to put his health first.

ALSO, i am getting mixed answers on when they get their ratings WHEN they have their formal board. some say they have to wait, others say they can hear the rating from the DOD right then and there. which one is it?

anything we should be prepared for?

his lawyer mentioned that they ask what their plans are for after military? can they legally ask that? seems a little much.

You can do it telephonically. They can ask you anything they want. I just came back from the board. My take on it is it is designed to give the least possible. Board members were nice but focused on how not to ........

You can do it telephonically. They can ask you anything they want. I just came back from the board. My take on it is it is designed to give the least possible. Board members were nice but focused on how not to ........

i hope your outcome was at least what you were hoping for? [are we allowed to ask that here?]

when you say it's designed to give the least possible, do you mean rating?

praying all went well for you :)

Went unfit for seven conditions. Only found one unfit. One of the seven was my back which they MEB’d me four years ago and wanted to severance me with 16 active with a rating of 10 percent for my back. Same back which is worse now. Still on and off narcotics but because I have 20 AFS now my back is fit. Designed to say no to whatever you are going for and give you the least of what they can’t avoid.

gosh, i am so sorry to hear that.if they severance my husband, we would be fine with that - he just wants to be able to focus on his health, which is more important at this time for him.