April Air force IPEB Packages

USAFTACP

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Mine is getting sent off on March 29th from Italy but it won't arrive there until probably the 1st of April. I don't expect to get words for about 6 months. We'll see what happens. Post here if you have an April IPEB.

USAFTACP - 1 April
scorp84 - 2 April
chrisb42003 - 19 April
carr23 - 22 April
jandk - 22 April

MEB started Oct 12th 2009

Last VA appointment 5 Feb 2010

Looking to send Package 2 April 2010

"Will keep you all posted"

Scorp

MEB started Oct 12th 2009

Last VA appointment 5 Feb 2010

Looking to send Package 2 April 2010

"Will keep you all posted"

Scorp

Updated!

When you say "MEB started".... is that when the doctors started writting the package?

What VA appointment did you do? I'm still new to this and have talked to my VA rep but besides getting basic info, it wasn't anything special.

Goodluck on your package!!

Updated!

When you say "MEB started".... is that when the doctors started writting the package?

What VA appointment did you do? I'm still new to this and have talked to my VA rep but besides getting basic info, it wasn't anything special.

Goodluck on your package!!

TACP,
The MEB is started to me when the package is sent off and everything before that is just the physical. If you have certain conditions like tinnitus or back problems theyw ill send you to do hearing tests and have X-rays done. X-rays were done the same day and place as my physical. The VA physical is what is used for the MEB in the DES pilot process and when your finished with all other appointments, you will meet with your PCM to do a final summary with him.After that he will send it up to your PEBLO who will then have you read and sign your package then send it off. That is what i was told by my PEBLO but im hoping they dont need any more tests done before the package is sent.Any more questions let us know.

Scorp

TACP,
The MEB is started to me when the package is sent off and everything before that is just the physical. If you have certain conditions like tinnitus or back problems theyw ill send you to do hearing tests and have X-rays done. X-rays were done the same day and place as my physical. The VA physical is what is used for the MEB in the DES pilot process and when your finished with all other appointments, you will meet with your PCM to do a final summary with him.After that he will send it up to your PEBLO who will then have you read and sign your package then send it off. That is what i was told by my PEBLO but im hoping they dont need any more tests done before the package is sent.Any more questions let us know.

Scorp

Ok, I understand. I suppose all of my MEB process started 3 years ago when I was placed on a waiver. Now I have 3 years of documentation to prove my case that I am deaf in one ear. I did not do a VA physical though.

Ok, I understand. I suppose all of my MEB process started 3 years ago when I was placed on a waiver. Now I have 3 years of documentation to prove my case that I am deaf in one ear. I did not do a VA physical though.

Well the DES process is vey popular these days and i guess if you were to start one nowadays you would go through what i did.Look up the DES Pilot if you want more information.There is also a section in the forum as well.

The IPEB started looking at my package as of 13 April 10. I got a memo saying they required addition documentation which was in the package, they just overlooked it. My PEBLO says they should have a finding in a month, if not weeks.

I'm due to PCS in June so maybe that is why they could be speeding it up. Or maybe it's an open and shut case being a wounded warrior that can't hear to control aircraft

Well the DES process is vey popular these days and i guess if you were to start one nowadays you would go through what i did.Look up the DES Pilot if you want more information.There is also a section in the forum as well.

I don't think I am going through a DES Pilot. I have 3 other serious issues that warrant disability but not service limiting. The hearing is all my package went up for. Now, sleeping, ptsd, two terrible knees will go up to the VA with my MEB findings if its 30% Permanent disability or more.

The IPEB started looking at my package as of 13 April 10. I got a memo saying they required addition documentation which was in the package, they just overlooked it. My PEBLO says they should have a finding in a month, if not weeks.

I'm due to PCS in June so maybe that is why they could be speeding it up. Or maybe it's an open and shut case being a wounded warrior that can't hear to control aircraft

Your package was submitted 1 Apr and your PEBLO said you'd hear something back in a month or weeks??? Are you kidding me? Is it because you are a W.W.? Because the norm right now is around 120 days.... according to the forums here. My PEBLO flat out told me 6 months and that was in January. Clearly, as seen in this forum, PEBLO's give a lot of bogus information (along with some not-so-bogus info). I don't trust anything mine says, lol!

Your package was submitted 1 Apr and your PEBLO said you'd hear something back in a month or weeks??? Are you kidding me? Is it because you are a W.W.? Because the norm right now is around 120 days.... according to the forums here. My PEBLO flat out told me 6 months and that was in January. Clearly, as seen in this forum, PEBLO's give a lot of bogus information (along with some not-so-bogus info). I don't trust anything mine says, lol!

My PEBLO originally said 4-6 months. I received a no-shit document from Randolph today saying they started reviewing my package but it was missing one piece of information. The document was dated 13 April. My package was delivered on 1 April. We are sending off that piece of information they requested today. My PEBLO said I was lucky that it's getting looked at so soon. He said it's because of my PCS and the fact that if I get discharged, someone will have to fill my PCS.

My Timeline:
Determined unfit by National Guard July 2007. IG intervention to get LOD initiated
03/2008-1st LOD Appeal
09/2008-2nd LOD Appeal
08/2009-LOD YES-referred to MEB
12/2009- MEB package sent to PEBLO
02/2010-Requested amendment of Medical Board Report to incluse all diagnosed unfitting conditions
03/2010-New Narsum requested and provided
04/2010-New Medical Board Reports Signed
04/22/2010-package to IPEB at Randopf AFB. The clock starts clicking

I was talking to my Peblo as she was sending my package in and she said she didnt know my DEROS was Oct 09 and that she requested I be bumped to the front of the packages... of course Wounded Warriors would be put in front of me but how quick can that make my package?

I did my methacholine test and all sorts of tests for asthma and they sent my package to the board at HQs, I geuss the AF doesn't like moderate persistent asthma. We shall see what happens in like 2 months is what my PEB guy said. Hope for results as soon as possible. 15April2010 is when the package was sent.

TACP,
Please remove my date from this thread.It was returned by the Local Board and i just signed it today for the official MEB board. My date is May 14 2010.Thanks for the updates!