April IPEB Packages

p-trick - how did you find that out. My PEBLO won't tell me jack squat other than they'll let me know when they get my package back.

On the DES information packet my PEBLO gave me, there is a number for IPEB on there. My MDG is telling me that AFMOA wants to know how much longer before they make a decision. AFMOA has been a PItA the last six months about med-con orders BIG TIME. I called the IPEB office to get an approximate date and the nice lady there told me that they were short handed on the people who inspect the records before they go in the system or go to the board for review and ultimately, their decision. She told me to expect thirty days, but I called my PEBLO and apparently he received a mass email yesterday about the situation and that the packages would take 14-21 days longer than the original time-frame. Like I said, I'm holding my breath...

As for my timeline...

I'm ANG, been on AD orders for the last 3 years at Brooks AFB on an MPA tour for BRAC, developed osteoarthritis, did PT for about 6 months, had many steroid shots and then ultimately a total right hip replacement in August 2009. Of course, this led to a profile of over a year and my Ortho doc said I would never run again. MEB was initiated by MDG here at my ANG unit on March 16 last year. I never even saw or heard from a PEBLO until November 2011. Signed my NARSUM on April 4 and my package was sent to AFPC on 19 April...they told me it was logged in on 21 April there. PEBLO originally told me to expect results between 20-31 May. Now pushed back to 15-21 June. I am in the old DES system, NOT IDES.

To add to this: I have 14.5 years TAFMS, 20+ ANG years of service, expect med retire due to VASRD of a minimum 30% for just the hip replacement.

Also: If you fall into a <20 years category like myself, do NOT listen to any PEBLO or other person who tells you that you will be entitled to concurrent receipt of VA Disability with your retirement pay. The ONLY people NOT entitled to CRDP are those with Chapter 61 retirement (less than 20 years AD) and any VA rating, be it 50% or greater. There are four bills in the House and Senate right now with language in them regarding this. President Obama promised this in his campaign and so have many, many persons elected to Congress. Do a Google search for "Chapter 61 CRDP" and see what comes up. Contact your elected officials and let them know they have constiuents who wish for them to support any of these bills.

I have developed the attitude that "If you want something done, do it yourself!" over the last 14 months of this and can only wait until it is over and I have moved on to reliquensh that attitude and relax again.

Finally after a year and a half this whole this is coming to an end. Package was sent of the 25 of April, I was told the 11th, and I received my results the 6th. 50% PTSD, 20% lowback pain due to cauda equina, total 60% temp retirement. They did not rate my leg numbness, weakness, or pain but I signed it off. Tired of the whole process and appealing would probably drag on for another year.

Finally after a year and a half this whole this is coming to an end. Package was sent of the 25 of April, I was told the 11th, and I received my results the 6th. 50% PTSD, 20% lowback pain due to cauda equina, total 60% temp retirement. They did not rate my leg numbness, weakness, or pain but I signed it off. Tired of the whole process and appealing would probably drag on for another year.

I'm confused. It was sent April 25th. YOu were told the 11th of which month and the results on the 6th of which month? ANd who told you on the 11th?

I'm confused. It was sent April 25th. YOu were told the 11th of which month and the results on the 6th of which month? ANd who told you on the 11th?

My peblo told me that my package was sent the 11 of april but it really was not sent until the 25th of april. I received my results 6 june

My PEB was received in DC on the 29th of April. I called my PEBLO on Friday and checked the system and he told me it is currently in QA status. Has anybody heard of this? All he could tell me is that my package has already been reviewed. Thanks

First off... thank you Jason for this amazing site, as well as everyone who posts their information. I have only posted a few times but I read posts almost daily. I honestly believe I am now more informed than most of the PEBLOs.

Secondly, I FINALLY GOT MY RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo only took 14 months.
Here is my info and timeline;
AD USAF E7 21 years IDES program
Boarded for: 60% POTS with ischemic cardiomyopathy(7005), 50% Asthma(6602),
included but not rated for:OSA(6847), and PTSD(9411)

2 May 2010- Notified of pending MEB for heart issues
18 Jun 2010- Initial MEB Brief
15 Jul 2010- MEB results return to duty
15 Jul 2010- my PCM flipped out over results and initiated new NARSUM/MEB
7 Dec 2010- New package met MEB, result forward to IPEB
15-19 Jan 2011- VA C&P Exams
4 Apr 2011- Package sent to AFPC
3 May 2011- VA proposal letter 90%
5 Jul 2011- IPEB results...80% TDRL

I do have a couple of questions.......

1. With the IPEB results of 80% TDRL and VA of 90%, does that mean that my retirement check will be 75% of my base pay plus I will also receive 90% VA?

2. Is there any way to correct bad information used to determine TDRL? It was stated in my findings that SM had not missed any work due to asthma and that my PTSD was not very severe and SM could return to normal duties. However, I have been on extended con leave for my POTS, balance, and heart issues as well as asthma. I was hoping to correct the issues without having to drag this out any longer by going to FPEB.

Thanks for the help...

First off... thank you Jason for this amazing site, as well as everyone who posts their information. I have only posted a few times but I read posts almost daily. I honestly believe I am now more informed than most of the PEBLOs.

Your welcome! Glad we have helped!

Secondly, I FINALLY GOT MY RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo only took 14 months.
Here is my info and timeline;
AD USAF E7 21 years IDES program
Boarded for: 60% POTS with ischemic cardiomyopathy(7005), 50% Asthma(6602),
included but not rated for:OSA(6847), and PTSD(9411)

2 May 2010- Notified of pending MEB for heart issues
18 Jun 2010- Initial MEB Brief
15 Jul 2010- MEB results return to duty
15 Jul 2010- my PCM flipped out over results and initiated new NARSUM/MEB
7 Dec 2010- New package met MEB, result forward to IPEB
15-19 Jan 2011- VA C&P Exams
4 Apr 2011- Package sent to AFPC
3 May 2011- VA proposal letter 90%
5 Jul 2011- IPEB results...80% TDRL

CONGRATULATIONS!

1. With the IPEB results of 80% TDRL and VA of 90%, does that mean that my retirement check will be 75% of my base pay plus I will also receive 90% VA?
CRDP is limited to 2.5% time years of service times retired base pay. So, just looking quickly, you will not get full amount restored. Look in the Compensation/CRDP forums for some posts on calculations.

2. Is there any way to correct bad information used to determine TDRL? It was stated in my findings that SM had not missed any work due to asthma and that my PTSD was not very severe and SM could return to normal duties. However, I have been on extended con leave for my POTS, balance, and heart issues as well as asthma. I was hoping to correct the issues without having to drag this out any longer by going to FPEB.
Not sure what you want to correct. Did the AF not find some of these conditions unfitting? Or is it the stability issue? Correcting bad "information" is different from challenging findings. For some issues, you would have to have a FPEB to challenge the findings. For other issues, you may be able to just address the findings at your TDRL re-eval and final PEB.

Enjoy your retirement!