Army help pay for move home?

Tigerbearlove08

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hubby wants to do a DITY move home once he gets his rating and everything and is allowed to leave- will the Army help pay for that ( I don't know if it's different but I know usually doing a DITY you receive funds to move on) Is that the case when you get out ? How does it work? Is there anything special we will need to do?

Thanks!

If he is retired, he will get a DITY move that is just like (except for the lesser rate being paid out for mileage and weight) DITY move he received when moving to first duty station. Transportation would probably give you a low-down about his options for different situations...or at least answer your questions. I'd just call them...that way you would have more concrete knowledge.

Thanks. I have indeed called them a few times, and they keep telling me they can't tell me a single thing until his orders fall and he goes through a levy brief? So I would like to have a certain idea so I can plan financially to make sure we got all our ducks in a row, you know?

Oh I know what your mean! :) You guys are going to have your move paid for one way or another if he is retired. You could even have the Army move you guys--obviously won't make any money doing it like this but it is an option.

And to more specifically answer your initial question, yes, you guys can apply for some of the money upfront on a DITY to help cover moving expenses.

Oh I know what your mean! :) You guys are going to have your move paid for one way or another if he is retired. You could even have the Army move you guys--obviously won't make any money doing it like this but it is an option.

And to more specifically answer your initial question, yes, you guys can apply for some of the money upfront on a DITY to help cover moving expenses.

If Hubby gets his retirement orders and he is placed on TDRL or PDRL, make sure his retirement orders have this retirement move option on his orders. Retirement Home Station Of Choice or words to that effect.

As he moves through each of his out-processing stations, make sure you and him (both, if possible) attend that briefing and get all the first-step, initial sign-up paperwork done right after the briefing is concluded.

I just had one of my Buddys retire to TDRL, and somehow - this paragraph was missing on his retirement orders. He got it fixed, but do make sure it's on Hubby's retirement orders if going onto TDRL/PDRL.

There is information about this on the JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Regulations). You can GOOGLE it and it comes up if you want to read more about it.

And, of course, you can search this website for information.

V/r,
nwlivewire

Back