Article 15/MEB

hopes&dreams15

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was recently given my first reading last week and I had 24 hours to respond with whether I wanted to proceed with the article 15 proceedings or if I wanted to request a board by court martial. I agreed to the article 15 proceedings and I am waiting to hear when I will sit down with the CG to discuss my case. How long is the average wait time for this board with the CG? After I sign that I want to proceed with the article 15 proceedings, is there a certain amount of days that he has to schedule this board with me?

Check out Article 15 of the UCMJ. It lines out the proceedings.

You would be best served by working with your defense council.

I've been reading all the documents and I even asked a lawyer at TDS when this hearing or board with the CG will be. Nothing in the documents state when this will happen and the lawyer told me it should have been done at the end of the 48hours I had to decide what proceeding I wanted to go with. So I can't find the correct answer anywhere

Not really sure I follow your question.

Are you asking how long the Commander has to render his decision in the article 15 process?

I suggest you talk to your legal counsel. Legal proceeding are serious and perhaps social media is not the best place to seek advice. Too much is at stake and too much misinformation exist on social media. Additionally there is the issue of information security that could compromise your position.