BCNR timeline after docket number received

I wish I had taken Jason’s advice and gone to the Federal court after initial denial. I wasted more than 2.5 years on the ABCMR appeal.

I believe the chances of success at the ABCMR on anything except actual paperwork correction or well documented missing awards is remote.
Ya I was told the same thing but haven't gotten my first opinion or any correspondence at all. So you received your first AO at 21 months and the second AO and denial at 27 months?

Timeline ABCMR
  1. Initial Application: Aug 2012
  2. Board Date: Jan 2015
  3. Decision Received: Feb 2015
  4. Appeal Submitted: Jan 2016
  5. Medical Advisory Opinion (AO) Received: Oct 2017
  6. Comments to AO Submitted: Nov 2017
  7. Board Date: Dec 2019
  8. Decision Received: Apr 2018
Total Time Wasted on Fraudulent, Corrupt, Anti-Veteran System (ABCMR): 68 Months or 5.67 years

The most egregious single event was the medical advisory opinion rendered by the chief medical officer. He didn't know shit from Shinola. shinola.jpe
That did not deter him from making things up on the fly and presenting them as facts.

I will now enter the crowded calendar of the Federal Court System and hope I have enough years left to see justice.

Just got my AO today. They didnt even go over half of the things I brought up. Trying to find a lawyer to pay so I can get a proper response done.

That seems to be the norm for advisory opinions. Mine did not address any of the evidence and instead just said my doctor was "mistaken". LOL

This is really bs. You shouldn't have to get a lawyer.

Unfortunately, you do need an attorney and the sooner the better. They may not prevail with the BCMRs; however, they are essential for appeals to the federal court.

My attorneys are confident in the merits of my case, but didn’t expect success through the ABCMR. They needed an arbitrary and capricious decision to appeal. That is the one thing you can bank on from the ABCMR.

The bad part is the long wait for the decision after the AO. I just want to file in Federal Court to get in line and end this process. But, I am almost 3 months after my AO and reply with no closure in the forecast.

From my AO response to board was 45 days. From board to notification of denial was four months.

Any suggestions on lawyers? I tried contacting Jason Perry to no avail.

I am a huge fan of the NVLSP. My experience with them has been great. They are the ones who provide training to lawyers who represent veterans. Additionally, they have been very successful in high impact cases resulting in the payment of millions of dollars in benefits to veterans.

Im searching and cant find any info on anyone who has surpassed 18 months for initial case without any responses or advisory opinions. Kind of frustating
My case is 2 years and a week. I have not received ANY correspondence, advisory or otherwise.

Any suggestions on lawyers? I tried contacting Jason Perry to no avail.
I contacted Jason Perry (1-800-576-5648) and was able to speak with him right away (today).

I am reviewing this thread as I just received my AO and docket # last Monday after waiting 25 months with no word from the AFBCMR as to the status of my appeal. Fortunately the medical and mental health advisors both partially agree with my appeal that one "good" review in the past 10 years weighed too heavily on the FPEB's decision to drop me from 50% PTSD to 10% Anxiety Disorder. Both reviewers recommend increasing me to a 30% combined rating and placement on PDRL, but maintaining me as having an Anxiety Disorder.

After speaking with Jason Perry today I sent a certified letter stating I concur with their AO at this time and have no further evidence to submit. My question is, has anyone had a BCMR go against 2 AO recommendations? And with my concurrence at this time, should I expect a fairly rapid turnaround from the board?

Yes, I received a post-card notification alone with my docket number.
I never received a single bit of correspondence during the past 25 months. I didn't know if it was received and if they were looking at it or throwing it in the trash.

I guess I didn't make the selection for a reply. Would be nice to even gotten an email that stated no wont help you . To be completely ignored with 2 calls and an email sucks. Never had any type of "lawyer" not reply and ignore a potential client. It did allow me to look around and find just as successful representation at a lower better price. Good luck.
I contacted Jason Perry (1-800-576-5648) and was able to speak with him right away (today).

I am reviewing this thread as I just received my AO and docket # last Monday after waiting 25 months with no word from the AFBCMR as to the status of my appeal. Fortunately the medical and mental health advisors both partially agree with my appeal that one "good" review in the past 10 years weighed too heavily on the FPEB's decision to drop me from 50% PTSD to 10% Anxiety Disorder. Both reviewers recommend increasing me to a 30% combined rating and placement on PDRL, but maintaining me as having an Anxiety Disorder.

After speaking with Jason Perry today I sent a certified letter stating I concur with their AO at this time and have no further evidence to submit. My question is, has anyone had a BCMR go against 2 AO recommendations? And with my concurrence at this time, should I expect a fairly rapid turnaround from the board?

I haven't been on here for a while. Here is my update/timeline:
  1. Initial Application Received: 1 Feb 2016
  2. Board Date: 24 October 2017
  3. Decision Received: November 2017
My request was amazingly denied. Even almost 9 months later, I'm still in shock. I haven't figured out if I want to even bother with an ABCMR appeal anymore. I just today contacted NVLSP about my situation, so I'll see if they get back to me. It's very disheartening.