Chapter 14 while waiting for Letter of Release

medicalproblems91

Registered Member
So I've been in this medical board for over 595 days since I had to go through it twice. I got all the way down to waiting on my letter of release when I just couldn't take waiting anymore. Long story short, I'm awaiting a field grade article 15 for larceny at aafes for $45. Now I really just want to be out but I need help medically with all of my problems. I've been contacting lawyers and what not and have been given a ton of advice about this. I just want to know what to do to at least get medical benefits and get out asap.
Literally everything is done with the med board-narsum, peb, 199. I just need my letter of release.

Hopefully you find yourself a good lawyer that can convince the CG that your medical conditions were a contributing factor to your poor decision.

TBI, PTSD and other various mental conditions may be a potential line of defense.

Hopefully the decision authority will weight your medical conditions in determining how to deal with the larceny.

Well if you are getting an Article 15 then being delayed 45 days while you complete your extra duty and restriction is a possibility. It is just a Article 15 not a Court Martial so your not being "Kicked out" your just facing punishments. Your best hope is to have TDS/Lawyer/whoever you have or yourself, ask your Brigade Commander, when your sitting in front of him getting your reading, to waive the 45 days extra duty and restriction to allow you to clear and be out. If I was you, I would plan on staying a extra 45 days as I said above because you did break the law and was caught. And NO I do not believe claiming PTSD or TBI as a defense for Stealing from AAFES is a defense. But can hope your Brigade Commander just wants you out of his formation and waives it.

I just want to know what to do to at least get medical benefits and get out asap.

Keep your head down, stay out of trouble, don't do anything else that's stupid. Remember, until you are off the base/post you are expected to act according to your rank/grade because you are still receiving the benefits of your rank and grade.