Code 37 - AirForce

Kaezzz

Registered Member
I'm wondering where can I see if I'm coded 37 or not? Also what does code 37 mean?

I checked PRDA, SURF and vMPF and I still cant find it. I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he stated I'm code 31 but he is pushing my code 37 today and ill get called by a PEBLO in less than 2 weeks. I just passed the DAWG on my NARSUM and now my MEB is being sent to AFPC for a unfit/fit determination.

freedomforcegal

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You should be able to check vMPF. Code 37 means: Member deferred from PCS reassignment pending results of MEB or PEB

freedomforcegal

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
See AFI 36-2110 paragraph 2.17.2

2.17.2. Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) and Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) Deferment. MTFs submit an AF Form 469 on airmen with physical limitations not of a temporary nature, that interfere with World Wide assignability, to indicate an MEB (which could result in a disability retirement or separation) is being processed. The automatic MiPDS interface updates an AAC 37. If the Airman’s personnel record reflects an AAC 31, Medical Deferment, the AAC will automatically be removed and replaced with AAC 37, Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) or Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) (see Table 2.1). Per AFI 36- 3212, Physical Evaluation for Retention, Retirement and Separations, and AFPD 41-1, an Airman pending an MEB or PEB may not be reassigned PCS or TDY (or granted leave outside the local area, separated, or retired) until the MTF determines the medical disposition. If circumstances arise regarding the assignment status of an Airman pending an MEB or PEB, (for example, for an Airman serving OS it appears the DEROS will expire before a final determination is made), the MPS will advise the assignment OPR by message and provide complete details. The MPS will provide an information copy to HQ AFPC/DPAMM and HQ AFPC/DPAPP. Guidance will be provided as appropriate. NOTE: An AAC 31 or 37 does not preclude an Airman from separating or retiring; these personnel actions must be monitored by other means. DEROS will not be involuntarily extended for medical reasons. When appropriate medical authority determines an Airman is not medically cleared for PCS, and AAC 31 or 37 is updated, the airman is directed to remain in place and the DEROS will be allowed to expire. When Airmen are medically cleared for PCS near or after their DEROS, the MPS advises the assignment OPR, with information copy to HQ AFPC/DPAMM and HQ AFPC/DPAPP, of the circumstances and requests assignment disposition.

Kaezzz

Registered Member
Thanks Found it.

vMPF > Self-Service Actions > Personal Data > Career Data Brief > View CDB

Under restrictions: ASG AVL CD: ***

Mine is 31, Medical deferment / temp disqual for WW duty, 01 JAN 2018.

flyin_dutchman

Registered Member
I'm wondering where can I see if I'm coded 37 or not? Also what does code 37 mean?

I checked PRDA, SURF and vMPF and I still cant find it. I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he stated I'm code 31 but he is pushing my code 37 today and ill get called by a PEBLO in less than 2 weeks. I just passed the DAWG on my NARSUM and now my MEB is being sent to AFPC for a unfit/fit determination.
Go into your MyIMR, it would be on your 469 like mine is.

Fran0609

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Speaking of Code 37... how long does it take for the code to be taken off? I was returned to duty a few months ago, but my vMPF and IMR still reflect 37.. I know I'll have to do a IRILO, but that shouldn't be until next yr. My 469, is also still in place