concerns with the process - could use help/guidance

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
husband was found fit last week during the PEB and is contesting for a FPEB. we were assigned to a lawyer that isn't in our state and is refusing to give out her phone number. the only form of contact we have with her is via email. she called us last thursday to let us know she would have a phone conference with us yesterday [tuesday] because of the holiday. she called us three times yesterday to let us know she was running behind. we finally spoke to her around 5:15pm. she spoke for an hour and barely allowed my husband to ask his questions. we have what we need for the most part, but he is left in the dark about most things. at the end, when he told her we had questions - she let us know she had people at her house waiting for her and she was running late from leaving the office. i could go on about this call, but won't. we have to submit every thing friday morning by 0900......and yet we are still in the dark about this.

^^ take from this that we are in the dark, hence why i am posting here.

my husband is going through this due to debilitating migraines and he is an IT in the navy.

we have a new statement from his neurologist stating he politely disagrees with their findings.

we have four statements from his co-workers

i have written a statement

his command is amending their statement for him where they put he is non-deployable to he isn't able to perform his duties on shore, either.

we also have new medical evidence that was left out of his packet for his initial PEB where he was taken to the hospital for total loss of vision [his vision came back after three weeks, it was an adverse reaction to migraine medication]

my questions:

if he is still found fit, can we continue to fight it? we have heard we can and we have heard we cannot, and must wait six months. hoping someone can clarify that for us.

based on what i have above - is there anything else we should try and obtain to state his case?

the lawyer mentioned he would most likely not be found unfit because he is in college......he has been in college [online] for three years. he is supposed to stop that because of this? i am confused by that and hoping someone can help me understand.

the lawyer also made it seem as if my husband, if granted a FPEB, shouldn't work after that....what? she said that if he went in front of the FPEB and let them know his plans for when he gets out, that they would deny him getting out because he would be working. how is that even possible?

navycop

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have heard that if the formal board agrees and finds the person fit then you have to wait 6 months and have a new meb started again.and start the whole process all over again. I'm not sure why your lawyer is talking about him doing online college. Mabey she or he thinks if your dealing with headaches and can not do the job your in how can you do any school work is the only thing I can think of from her standpoint. She is trying to cover all angles

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
yeah, i can understand her wanting to cover all the angles. but i suppose i am looking at it from the angle of living with it and seeing him dealing with it all. to us, it feels as if he is being told that after the military? there should be nothing. in other words, military or nothing at all. yes, the migraines are horrible - but he has two classes to finish his degree out. why not finish it out to be able to better yourself after the military if the finding becomes unfit? i hope that makes sense without coming off as rude, not my intention :)

navycop

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yea that is super close to being done. I'm not sure why she would say that. I wish him the best. Military will use us then kick us to the wayside. We are just a number anymore

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
like i have said before, i have to put faith in knowing that there must be some sort of method to all of this. i just cannot wrap my head around people not understanding that there are stressors that come alongside the military lifestyle [PCS'ing, changing jobs every three years or so, deployments, possible overseas stints, etc at a drop of a hat] to the point where you should be able to continue service

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">