Contradicting Diagnosis from Mental Health C&P Examiner

AttitudeEra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Guys... -_-

I received my FPEB package today and conducted a review over it today with my PEBLO via telephone. I'm being boarded for MDD and Social Anxiety with Panic Attacks (my only unfitting conditions). All of my medical records support these two diagnoses, including my NARSUM. One of the MEB doctors wrote an addendum stating he read the NARSUM, plus all of my C&P results and he concurs with my NARSUM.

Well, the quack of a C&P psychologist negated my NARSUM's diagnoses, minimizing my Social Anxiety diagnosis to Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety. -_- We all know that adjustment disorder can't be rated.

She came to this conclusion after a 30 minute convo, which she spent 20 minutes of trying to comprehend "my" medical records. I put 'my' in quotation marks because she stated she saw diagnoses in my records that I've never been diagnosed with...such as a "profound learning disability". Never had a learning disability in my life. She most likely wasn't even reading MY records. I told the PEBLO about this the day that it happened and it still made it's way into my package. That witch of a doctor also stated during the exam that "social anxiety is a choice." I almost snapped at her when she said that lol. But anyway, after she said that I knew she was going to do something to throw a wrench in my MEB process because she didn't remain objective about my case. So pathetic and incompetent. This doctor's place of business was run out of her house for crying out loud. It wasn't even at an actual VA facility. Like WTF. As soon as I walked in there, she was yelling at her two dogs. WTF was that? It was so bizarre.

I'm thinking that the IPEB will see that majority of my medical records concur with my NARSUM's diagnosis and not take the C&P findings into account.

Now, I'm thinking I'm going to write a letter of exception or something and submit it with my package before trash of a C&P statement hits the IPEB's desk. Or request a second C&P exam. Cuz that C&P examiner was flat out garbage.

How do you think I should handle this situation? I'm not about to let that quack of a doctor ruin my chances of getting decent ratings.

Two things: see if your current treating psych will fill out a DBQ on your behalf. Then use this at the FPEB and VARR.

Second thing email [email protected] and report this unprofessional behavior of the CP examiner and request a second psych CP exam. Be very nice and courteous to her. If it sounds like you are on a rant it may not help.

There is no guarantee these will work in your favor but doing nothing will absolutely work against you

I'm also going to ask for a 2nd C&P exam and I'm going to seek legal counsel to get a second pair of eyes on my case.
Second thing email [email protected] and report this unprofessional behavior of the CP examiner and request a second psych CP exam. Be very nice and courteous to her. If it sounds like you are on a rant it may not help.

I wouldn't be anything other than nice and courteous :) . I save all my rants for my posts, not in real life lol.

Thanks, Tony!

If it's been more than 6 months with the issue than its chronic by definition and rated

If it's been more than 6 months with the issue than its chronic by definition and rated

Will the IPEB diagnose it or rate it as chronic? The C&P Examiner just diagnosed it as Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety, but not chronic.

I'll chime in here...

Adjustment disorder is either acute or chronic. If you have been diagnosed with it and the symptoms have been present for greater than six months, the condition is chronic and ratable.

What really matters here, is what the provider listed as your functional limitations (aka as the occupational and social impairment statement on the DBQ).

The occupational and social impairment statement is the general basis for the rating percentage (there can be other factors too).

Here is the DBQ: http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960P-2-ARE.pdf
(if that link is not working you can also get it here http://www.lawyers4veterans.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/220/2015/04/VBA-21-0960P-2-ARE1.pdf)

What you want to look for first, is what the provider has listed in section IV, then you want to look at the limitations in section II