CRSC at ten months processing time Army

So, I'm assuming that even if you submitted your packet for CRSC when the timeline was at 10 months that you won't hear anything back until a year later since the timeline is at 12 months now??? I just don't understand why it takes so long, but oh well.

RonG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, I'm assuming that even if you submitted your packet for CRSC when the timeline was at 10 months that you won't hear anything back until a year later since the timeline is at 12 months now??? I just don't understand why it takes so long, but oh well.
It is a moving target. Ten years ago I had an application approved by the Army in about three weeks. There are more applications now and the civilian staffing (number) of the contractor for CRSC processing remains a mystery, at least to my knowledge.

Opinion: The timeline or projected time for a decision on a application is imprecise. The "projection" could change to seven or 15 months regardless of when one submits their application. I am not defending the slow process. I am surprised more retirees don't contact their elected representatives about the matter.

Ron

Mdputnam

Registered Member
The whole 12 months is an average. Some run shorter but as you can tell by now, there are some that run longer.
Yeah I'm very used to the waiting. My wife is not and always asks me about it and says that it's stupid that it takes this long etc etc... she never had to experience the military with me!

An update for a recent Army CRSC timeline from submission. Paperwork submitted and received May 5, 2017. Was in processing exactly 1 year before I received the CRSC approval letter on May 4th 2018. On the evening of the 22nd of May, today my CRSC pay statement was available on MyPay..

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">