CRSC at ten months processing time Army

Comments:
8 years and 4 months is not 8.25 years; it is 8.3333 years.

Active duty time is used for the multiplier. Your time for the multiplier would be the active duty years and months PLUS the points allowed divided by 360. Active Service includes Active Duty (AD), Active Duty for Training (ADT) and Annual Training (AT) days. AD and ADT days includes any prior active duty service and when a National Guardsman or Reservist is called to active duty, including being mobilized, deploying, training, Active Guard Reserve (AGR)/Full Time Support (FTS), etc. AT days are the annual two week training.

You must waive/lose retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received.
Any residual (left over) retired pay will reduce the amount of CRSC payable.

CRSC for a CH 61 retiree is the lesser of
1. Dollar amount of the longevity portion of the retired pay
or
2. Dollar amount of the CRSC rate approved by service...this rate mirrors the same rate shown in the VA comp tables..including dependents/family members.
CRSC would be reduced by any residual retired pay.

I was medically retired from the Guard. 22 years 9 months service. I'm already receiving retirement pay

The following is generally what is used to compute a CH 61's CRSC entitlement.

1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS.

2. DoD disability retirement percentage.

3. Years and months of active duty EXAMPLE: 11 years and 3 months

4. VA compensation percentage and amount plus identify dependents by category and number EXAMPLE: 60% VA Compensation, $1600, Spouse and 6 children under 18

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required).

1893.00 is my monthly statement from DFAS retirement minus my VA waiver

I would be happy to compute your CRSC. Please provide all the info shown at items 1-5 above that I posted (all in one post please). You will have to convert your points yourself or use whatever your organization provided you. 8 yrs and 4 months might include the conversion; that info is not available to me.

As a preliminary computation and assuming your AD time is 8 yrs and 4 months the following would apply (you mentioned you have 50% VA comp with 4 deps which I infer is a spouse and three children under 18).

1. High 3 3750 x 50% = 1875 DoD retired pay
2. VA comp @ 50% = 1080
3. Ret pay 1875 minus VA offset 1080 = 795 residual ret pay
4. 8.333 yrs x 2.5% = 20.83%
5. 3750 x 0.2083 = ~781 Longevity portion of retired pay
6. CRSC approved @ 50% = 1080
7. Item 5 is less than item 6, so 781 is the CRSC amt
8. 781 minus residual retired pay 795 = Zero CRSC
Based on info available at the time of the computation, your monthly payments would be:
1080 VA comp + 795 residual ret pay = 1875 (zero CRSC)
Note: Cory's end result is almost the same

"The Reduction"
Special Rules for Chapter 61 Disability Retirees: According to law, members retired for disability under Chapter 61 of title 10 United States Code must have the CRSC entitlement limited to an amount that when combined with any military retired pay remaining after offset for VA disability compensation will not exceed the retired pay they would otherwise be entitled to for retirement computed for years of service (i.e., 2 1/2 percent x years of service x pay base).

What's t he point of applying if im not going to get anything? I will await the results of my calculations by HRC. TY for your input

I was medically retired from the Guard. 22 years 9 months service. I'm already receiving retirement pay
If you’re receiving VA and retirement pay then you cannot hey CRSC as well. Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

That is certainly your option.

Good luck going forward..

Regards,
Ron

The calculator which you referenced gives the same end result: $1875 per month, which is a combination of residual retired pay and the VA compensation. The two figures that make up the $1875 differ slightly from mine because the VA compensation rates have not been updated within the calculator. However and unfortunately, the CRSC is still zero.

The reason for zero CRSC is that his residual retired pay is more than the CRSC entitlement. If he had no residual retired pay his CRSC would be approximately $781. Many CH 61 retirees do not have residual retired pay because of a higher rate of VA compensation which results in a higher VA offset (waiver of retired pay).

The following was asked, "What's the point of applying if im not going to get anything?" The fact that the CRSC program exists does not mean everyone who applies and is approved for CRSC will receive CRSC payments. The laws that authorize the payment have certain limitations or ceilings.

CH 61 retirees must have the CRSC entitlement limited to an amount that when combined with any military retired pay remaining after offset for VA disability compensation will not exceed the retired pay they would otherwise be entitled to for retirement computed for years of service.

As a preliminary computation and assuming your AD time is 8 yrs and 4 months the following would apply (you mentioned you have 50% VA comp with 4 deps which I infer is a spouse and three children under 18).

1. High 3 3750 x 50% = 1875 DoD retired pay
2. VA comp @ 50% = 1080
3. Ret pay 1875 minus VA offset 1080 = 795 residual ret pay
4. 8.333 yrs x 2.5% = 20.83%
5. 3750 x 0.2083 = ~781 Longevity portion of retired pay
6. CRSC approved @ 50% = 1080
7. Item 5 is less than item 6, so 781 is the CRSC amt
8. 781 minus residual retired pay 795 = Zero CRSC
Based on info available at the time of the computation, your monthly payments would be:
1080 VA comp + 795 residual ret pay = 1875 (zero CRSC)
Note: Cory's end result is almost the same

Can you do mine??? I was denied but would like to know for reconsideration if its worth it..

Can you do mine??? I was denied but would like to know for reconsideration if its worth it..
medically retired LTC but was NG Officer
27 years 4 mos and 17 days.. 8 years 1 mos time of service calculated on my
VA disability rating is 100% with SMC M (housebound)
married with 1 in college
DA retirement is 50% for PTSD

medically retired LTC but was NG Officer
27 years 4 mos and 17 days.. 8 years 1 mos time of service calculated on my
VA disability rating is 100% with SMC M (housebound)
married with 1 in college
DA retirement is 50% for PTSD
Info needed for computation:
1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. = need amount and whether high three or gross retired pay on RAS

2. DoD disability retirement percentage. = 50%

3. Years and months of active duty EXAMPLE: 6 years and 9 months = 8 years 1 mo assumed (AD determined via number AD years plus allowable points divided by 360)

4. VA compensation percentage and amount plus identify dependents by category and number EXAMPLE: 60% VA Compensation, $1600, Spouse and 6 children under 18 = SMC with spouse and child $4,371.03 (need verification)

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required). = need projection

Info needed for computation:
1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. = need amount and whether high three or gross retired pay on RAS

2. DoD disability retirement percentage. = 50%

3. Years and months of active duty EXAMPLE: 6 years and 9 months = 8 years 1 mo assumed (AD determined via number AD years plus allowable points divided by 360)

4. VA compensation percentage and amount plus identify dependents by category and number EXAMPLE: 60% VA Compensation, $1600, Spouse and 6 children under 18 = SMC with spouse and child $4,371.03 (need verification)

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required). = need projection

Thanks and see below.

$4,469 gross

$3,760.64 VA waiver (spouse, child in college, and SMC M housebound (VA 100%))

Denied CRSC