Current Med-Board

Raveneffect32

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, I'm currently in a medical board for multiple injuries, mostly a fusion to my right wrist (dominant, and typing this isn't much fun for me right now). I'm on my second NARSUM, signed around 2-3 month's ago, and haven't even received an email stating that anyone has received my packet or anything pertaining to that. Injury was around 3 years ago, so hoping to hear something soon. I'll keep the board informed about anything in my process. I just want to get this thing done and over with...

Hopefully a decision comes in soon. Sounds like this is being dragged on too long. What does Peblo say?

Been trying to talk to him and, as of today, the system to check the status is down... Go figure. He told me during the first NARSUM 6-9 months before the determination. Now, they have no clue. Apparently, the tracker from what a different HS told me is that it is still being reviewed. So, Not sure where everything stands at this time.

Well, just found out today that the findings have been determined. Just waiting on PSC to call me and counsel.

Hopefully, you'll get your DA 199 soon.

Remember, you DON'T need to sign it that very day - you have 10 consecutive days to get it back to the PEBLO with your decision.

Take a good, long, and hard look at it - several times.

Post a new thread here on this site for any feedback.

We all want you to get a fair and square deal.

So take a few days to make sure it's right.

And appeal if it's not!

Post a new thread on here with the details when you get it so we can assist you if you have ANY questions.

V/R,
nwlivewire

So, I received my findings and now awaiting discharge orders. My last question to this forum, When compensation pay is awarded, is it "High 3", or is it based on the pay at discharge. I've heard both now and can't seem to find it in the manual CIM_1850_2D

Yeah, that calculator says i'll be making $130... I don't think that's right. That's all based on VA compensation, it looks like, and the coast guard doesn't receive VA ratings at discharge

Yeah, that calculator says i'll be making $130... I don't think that's right. That's all based on VA compensation, it looks like, and the coast guard doesn't receive VA ratings at discharge

That calculator is correct when you input correct data.

Please explain with more detail what you mean.

The VA gives you tax-free compensation.

Unless you are eligible for either CRSC or CRDP, the DoD will subtract your military retirement from your VA compensation.

If VA dollar amount is greater than your DoD dollar amount, then you will only see VA money.

In my case, my DoD came out higher than my VA, so I get all my VA and just a teeny bit of my DoD disability - and that teeny bit is taxed.

nwlivewire

You're understanding is based on the fact that the services with the exception to the Coast Guard receive their VA rating at the same time they receive their DOD rating. In the Coast Guard, we have to go through the whole process once we get out. So, I'm not really able to use that DOD calculator due to the fact that I can't input VA data (which I tried to leave at 0 but would'nt compute).

All in all, I ended up hitting all of the manuals, manuals that reference manuals, on top of manuals, and came out with the answer 4 hours after I sent this. For those who had the same question, It is in fact the "High 3" (36 cumulative months at that year and rank on the pay scale). For me at 9 years, I will get 40% of my E-5 pay, but it's E-5 at 6 years as that is the last pay jump on the scale. I originally asked the question because between E-5 at 6 years and E-5 at 8 years is about a $200 differnce, and at 40%, I really need everything I can get to help scrape my family by until the VA comes out with their rating once I get home.

I just started the process as well. I've seen 2 mental evaluators who came up with same diagnosis of dysthymia and anxiety with panic attacks. I've also had 2 different therapists. They have recieved my MEB package 2 months ago and i haven't heard anything yet from the findings.