DA 3947 Questions

jcraig33_187

PEB Forum Regular Member
I want to thank everyone for all the great info. This process is confusing and generally too stressful and it is nice to finally find help. I just recently got my DA 3947 back and this is what it says:
Fails to meet retention standards for:
1. Chronic low back pain status post fusion L5-S1 ICD 9 code:338.28
2. Posttraumatic stress disorder, chronic, Code: 309.81
3. High sensorineural hearing loss, both ears, Code:

Meets Retention Standards:
1. Essential hypertension
2. Sleep apnea obstructive, mild

My question is does the PEB typically agree with these findings and if so any guess as to an outcome? Maybe a percentage guess? Also, the PTSD is combat related so I was wondering if I qualify for the CRSC. I am an E6 with 8 years service. Any guess as to what the total benefits I will recieve? Thanks for the time.

Yea they usually go with that they say. With PTSD, they might just put you on TDRL.

The MEB determines if the condition meets retention standards. The PEB decides if the condition is unfitting or not for your specific situation. Often the PEB will not find unfitting conditions the MEB states do not meet retention standards. I have seen too many nonsensical PEB fitness decisions that were clearly designed to keep ratings down. Be wary of cherry picking conditions to keep your rating down.

Mike