DD-214 help

Kph22

Registered Member
I am currently on terminal leave until 27 Jun 2018. I was wondering how I will receive my dd214? Does it automatically upload to ebenefits? I’ve heard you won’t receive it until you are out and then I heard u will get it before your DOS. Just heard a lot of different information, and I’m just trying See what I need to do before I get out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently on terminal leave until 27 Jun 2018. I was wondering how I will receive my dd214? Does it automatically upload to ebenefits? I’ve heard you won’t receive it until you are out and then I heard u will get it before your DOS. Just heard a lot of different information, and I’m just trying See what I need to do before I get out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

From an U.S. Army perspective, the service member should visit the Retirement Services Office (RSO) on their military duty installation for assistance. I received my DD Form 214 from the RSO prior to the start of my military transition leave. While on military transition leave, I received my military retirement award amendment orders so the DD Form 214 needed to be updated. Since I was still residing near my former military duty installation, I visited the RSO and they re-issued a new DD Form 214 because I was still on active duty.

That all said, maybe you should try to call the RSO at your former military duty installation for assistance albeit I am not certain of the process for the other military branches.

Indeed, the DD Form 214 is not automatically uploaded to eBenefits. The IDES MSC has the capability to upload the DD Form 214 into your DoVA claim upon receiving it from the PEBLO who in turn receives it from the RSO; at least from my experiences while in the DoD IDES process. Also, you have the capability to upload the DD Form 214 into your DoVA claim upon receipt directly via eBenefits. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">