Denied SSDI because i'm on AD still.

bcbberry

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That's great news! I was coming to let you know that I too went through the same round and round. I was denied initially at the admin stage due to still being paid while AD. They stated I made too much. I was told by the WW coordinator afterward that I should have marked my pay as "compassion pay". Then for my reconsideration I got a lawyer.

She got me the form you talked about and my command filled it out. The local office then lost my file. Lost it. It was a paper file. The whole reconsideration packet. That got fixed after months but Denied again due to finances. So my lawyer had a long talk and onto the next reconsideration.

Finally it went to medical. This time I was denied at the medical level. So ALJ hearing we went. I was discharged and moved back home. 8 months later I had my hearing Jan 2nd 2018. Feb 1st he made a decision and I was found fully favorable backdating to 2014. So don't give up!!! It can be a long process. Hopefully you hear good news soon!

Orange Sky

Registered Member
Please send to me as well? I have been fighting with my local SSA office since last year over SSDI. I am still AD and denied the first time because I made too much. I appealed for reconsideration. I was denied that time because I was performing substantial gainful activity (I show up to work at sit behind me desk, miss a lot of work, etc) but based on me being on AD and making too much, I can't get past the initial qualification. Thank you.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It's good to know that SSA got your case fixed bcbberry. I'd like to know what can be done so that SSA is more aware of the rules regarding military pay and SGA. Seen very unfair that you have to fight just to get that point across.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Please send to me as well? I have been fighting with my local SSA office since last year over SSDI. I am still AD and denied the first time because I made too much. I appealed for reconsideration. I was denied that time because I was performing substantial gainful activity (I show up to work at sit behind me desk, miss a lot of work, etc) but based on me being on AD and making too much, I can't get past the initial qualification. Thank you.
Is active duty the only income that you Have? I just noticed that you were denied on appeal. Somebody at that level should known the rules.

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Got a phone call yesterday that I will need to go to a scheduled exam before my case is decided. Anyone else have experience to share on the SSA ordered exam?

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Got a phone call yesterday that I will need to go to a scheduled exam before my case is decided. Anyone else have experience to share on the SSA ordered exam?
Indeed and a good deal for sure...

Upon my submission of a SSA SSDI application as a Wounded Warrior while still on military active duty in the 2012 calendar year, I received a letter from the SSA DDS stating that I was scheduled for a SSA consult medical examination. The purpose of the SSA paid medical consultation was to receive additional medical information since my SSA SSDI case file did not have ample supporting medical evidence for a particular medical condition in which I was claiming. The SSA DDS wanted to ensure that they yielded a comprehensively "fair and expeditious" recommendation as a Wounded Warrior applicant for SSDI compensation benefits in direct support of the HQ SSA's approval or disapproval final decision.

As such, fortunately for me, the SSA paid consult overwhelmingly supported my SSDI claimed medical condition's symptomology. Eventually soon afterwards, I was awarded SSA SSDI federal disability compensation benefits within 76 calendar days after my initial SSDI application submission while still on military active duty. Bottom line, it's a SSA regulatory procedure/process for the SSA DDS in their medical review of all SSA SSDI case files to issue a "disabled" determination.

So, the receipt of a SSA ordered exam should not be initially viewed as a negative mandatory event. Albeit, not attending the SSA medical consultation could potentially result in a SSA DDS unfavorable recommendation to receive a "disabled" determination for the receipt of SSDI compensation benefits at least in my experienced opinion. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

bleacherspy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Same experience as Warrior... My SSA exam seemed like more of a check in the block just to make sure my condition was validated by an SSA doc.

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Same experience as Warrior... My SSA exam seemed like more of a check in the block just to make sure my condition was validated by an SSA doc.
Indeed and a good deal for sure...

Upon my submission of a SSA SSDI application as a Wounded Warrior while still on military active duty in the 2012 calendar year, I received a letter from the SSA DDS stating that I was scheduled for a SSA consult medical examination. The purpose of the SSA paid medical consultation was to receive additional medical information since my SSA SSDI case file did not have ample supporting medical evidence for a particular medical condition in which I was claiming. The SSA DDS wanted to ensure that they yielded a comprehensively "fair and expeditious" recommendation as a Wounded Warrior applicant for SSDI compensation benefits in direct support of the HQ SSA's approval or disapproval final decision.

As such, fortunately for me, the SSA paid consult overwhelmingly supported my SSDI claimed medical condition's symptomology. Eventually soon afterwards, I was awarded SSA SSDI federal disability compensation benefits within 76 calendar days after my initial SSDI application submission while still on military active duty. Bottom line, it's a SSA regulatory procedure/process for the SSA DDS in their medical review of all SSA SSDI case files to issue a "disabled" determination.

So, the receipt of a SSA ordered exam should not be initially viewed as a negative mandatory event. Albeit, not attending the SSA medical consultation could potentially result in a SSA DDS unfavorable recommendation to receive a "disabled" determination for the receipt of SSDI compensation benefits at least in my experienced opinion. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your experience and your willingness to share!

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Finished my Social Security Comprehensive Exam (CE). The doctor was very kind and understanding. Now I wonder how long it will take before the SSA/office makes a decision on my case.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">