Did Anyone Disagree With their NARSUM?

jessylynn

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I finally (which is not really the right word because my timeline is moving very quickly and effectively) have my appointment to review my NARSUM tomorrow.

I have 2 questions:

1. What does the NARSUM entail? All of the VA appointments summarized? Or just the MEB referred conditions summarized?

2. Has anyone disagreed with their NARSUM? And what is there to disagree with? If the doctor writing it, is the doctor who referred you to the MEB shouldn't they be on board with you getting out?

Sorry for the questions, I know I could just wait for tomorrow, but according to the VA I have intense anxiety regarding things I can't control (no disagreement there) and it makes me feel better to be fully informed.

I finally (which is not really the right word because my timeline is moving very quickly and effectively) have my appointment to review my NARSUM tomorrow.

I have 2 questions:

1. What does the NARSUM entail? All of the VA appointments summarized? Or just the MEB referred conditions summarized?

2. Has anyone disagreed with their NARSUM? And what is there to disagree with? If the doctor writing it, is the doctor who referred you to the MEB shouldn't they be on board with you getting out?

Sorry for the questions, I know I could just wait for tomorrow, but according to the VA I have intense anxiety regarding things I can't control (no disagreement there) and it makes me feel better to be fully informed.
It's just a summary of your referred medical conditions by whatever doctors you have been seen by. He just summarizes when it all began and what has been done so far about it. And if you disagree with anything it could be anything from dates being wrong or just wording something a way that you don't like, personally I didn't disagree with mine.

The NARSUM is suppose to be a short summary of all significant health considerations. My first experience with a NARSUM was great. My PCM invited me to his office to read the draft and make suggested changes. The changes were all accepted and the NARSUM was a good description of my health.

My second go was less collaborative. The IPEB actually sent the NARSUM back to the PCM for correction. But the IPEB still made the right call because the medical records carried the decision.

I should have mine in the next few days according to my PEBLO. I'm expecting to disagree with it mainly due to the fiasco leading up to this.

I should have mine in the next few days according to my PEBLO. I'm expecting to disagree with it mainly due to the fiasco leading up to this.
Holy cow your timeline is intense.

Basically mine was what I expected, the doctor did suggest that maybe I either stay in on a permanent limited duty capacity, or be relieved from active duty. Both my personal statement and my NMA stated reasons for me not remaining on active duty, specifically that I have 2 years left and as a Sgt I'll be stuck in my rank without advancement for those 2 years not being able to do what a Sgt is meant to do.

I really hope you get pleasantly surprised by your NARSUM and it's completely ok and agreeable.