DoD Financial Management Regulation 7B: “MILITARY PAY POLICY AND PROCEDURES - RETIRED PAY”

DoD Financial Management Regulation 7B: “MILITARY PAY POLICY AND PROCEDURES - RETIRED PAY” 2017-04-11

No permission to download

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Quick question for you... I've exhausted a lot of looking and haven't found a concrete answer.

I went through an Army MEB in 2010/2011 and was medically retired for PTSD (100%) and migraines (50%). In the last 6 years, I've made significant improvements with managing both conditions and (according to the eBenefits site), my rating will be reviewed in the next few months. I fully expect my rating to go down significantly.

The Army had initially placed me on the TDRL and I was transferred to the PDRL in 2013 following a reevaluation and given a 70% permanent rating (50% PTSD & 30% migraines).

With all that said, my retired pay will be considerably more than any rating the VA assigns of less than 100%. If/when the VA lowers my rating, will my Army retirement pay automatically kick back in or will I have to fight?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Watching last question…..