Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
This is from the new policy memo:
"E3.P1.2.6.1. The Military Departments shall publish policies that ensure:
E3.P1.2.6.1.1. Service disability medical examinations for the DES meet the
minimum criteria outlined in the VA General Medical Exam, and the applicable
Compensation and Pension Automated Medical Information Exchange (AMIE)
worksheets."

This will give you the basis to argue that they should be conforming MEB exams to VA standards. Hopefully, the services will push this info out to the Military Treatment Facilities sooner, rather than later. In the meantime, it makes sense to download and review the VA worksheets for your conditions.

Jason,
Do you have a good link for where the VA worksheets can be found as well as this memo?

Thanks fdmckeever! You don't happen to know where I can find the policy memo that Jason posted an excerpt from on the web? I searched quite a bit today but I haven't had any luck with this one.

Knowledge is power and having the right ammunition and a good stock of it is going to be key for me to get my medical group to actually pull this off correctly and accurately instead of fighting for weeks/months with paperwork being returned because of errors or inaccuracies.

I think this is it:

www.defenselink.mil/.../docs/NDAA%2008%202%20PM%20sm.pdf -

Thanks for posting the link. It doesn't show for me, either. I posted it in the Downloads section earlier and linked in another thread.

I will eventually get around to taking down the Library link and move everything to the Downloads section.