DoD Rating Confusion

CrimsonArachnid

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi there guys! I know this has been asked, but I would just like to clarify as I am still slightly confused, and honestly don't wish to get my hopes up. I'd rather be happy and or upset now than later.

So I've received my Proposed ratings, and while I am aware they are just proposed, I also know that they don't usually change. With that though, I was rated at 90% VA, and from what I think I understand only my unfitting conditions are taken into account for DoD.

So, what I was sent to MEB for was:
Lower Back Pain
Migraines
Paradoxical Vocal Cord Dysfunction.

In the end I was rated
Lumbosacral Strain 20%
Migraines 10% (Don't really agree but, okay.)
PVCD 0%

So with this, does this mean I get the Magic 30%? Or am I going to be crying at the end of this. Lol

Hi there guys! I know this has been asked, but I would just like to clarify as I am still slightly confused, and honestly don't wish to get my hopes up. I'd rather be happy and or upset now than later.

So I've received my Proposed ratings, and while I am aware they are just proposed, I also know that they don't usually change. With that though, I was rated at 90% VA, and from what I think I understand only my unfitting conditions are taken into account for DoD.

Lower Back Pain
Migraines

In the end I was rated
Lumbosacral Strain 20%
PVCD 0%

So with this, does this mean I get the Magic 30%? Or am I going to be crying at the end of this. Lol
With the VA math, yes you made the 30% DOD magic number for retirement.

Lower Back Pain
Migraines

In the end I was rated
Lumbosacral Strain 20%
PVCD 0%

With the VA math, yes you made the 30% DOD magic number for retirement.

Indeed, I agree too! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

yes you are at 30% medical retirement

If you do not agree with the ratings for migraines, you may want to request a VARR (if you have supporting medical evidence).

If you qualify for the next higher rating for migraines (30%) it may put you over the top of 95% to receive a 100% rating. This would mean about 30% more pay each month.

What about more conditions? I'm at 91% and just went back to medical to get more stuff in my medical record to service connect my issues today so I can claim more when I get out. I also have a sleep study coming up. I fully plan on going back and getting 100% especially because the doctor at the C&P exam didn't even exam my back. I got rated 0% with years and years of med history and pain from it. Crazy right?? Interestingly enough, I got rated 40% for my shoulder issues and instability, when I have no medical evidence (to what I believe) in my med record about that, I just claimed it. Completely backwards in my opinion.

I got told by my VSO for my med board that my med record would be reviewed as well so not to worry about the VA exam too much. Well, that was complete crap because I got rated 0%. This whole process is absurd, but you have to play their game. The VA IS NOT you friend, remember that if it helps for advancing your percentage at all.

Yeah man it was a load of crap. I just got my finalized ratings today and I'm now going through doing a VARR and setting up a FPEB.

They literally said my back isn't unfitting, and the migraine rating is complete bull now that I've seen what they wrote.

They literally said I get less than two a Mo the when my narsum, and 3 witness statements clearly say I get them on a daily basis. So I'm literally sitting here in neurology trying to get another statement stating I get prostrating Migraines once a week for at least an hour.

I'm honestly pretty oissed, I was so excited to get out and now because someone couldn't read I gotta be here in this trash unit for another two months atleast.