Does MEB over rule admin sep for weight control?

z71 Guy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I am half way through my med board and we get a new SgtMaj. He is threatening to admin sep me for not making progress on bcp, even though my duty limitations (for my spine) make it impossible. Is this legal in the USMC can anyone give me refernces to fight this?

Sorry I'm army but I know our AR (army regs) state that while you are in a IDES (med/phy boards) we are not permitted to be put on any other type of board or discharge anything as the IDES is doing just that, seeing if we are fit or unfit for service. I would think that the Navy/USMC would have something close but all services have different regs. There is a specific forum on this website for Navy/USMC but I would do some key word searches to find specific things and as always legal counsel can help as well. Best of luck.

I think this has been addressed a couple of times, apparently from the past few forums that have been posted about this the med board will take precedence. Go and talk to your local JAG and tell them the situation, that way you can know your rights. Also if you can sit down and talk to the Sgt Maj, about your situation and show him you've been trying to lose weight (dieting etc.) but your injury is preventing you from being able to lose it quickly due to not working out he/she may understand and lay off a bit.