Does med board over rule admin sep for weight control

z71 Guy

Registered Member
So I am half way through my med board and we get a new SgtMaj. He is threatening to admin sep me for not making progress on bcp, even though my duty limitations (for my spine) make it impossible. Is this legal in the USMC can anyone give me refernces to fight this?

fred801

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
In the Navy we run our physical readiness test twice a year. Being in a medical board we aren't required to participate in the PRT but we still have to maintain weight standards. If I remember correctly you have to fail a BCA three consecutive times before you can be admin separated. I'm sorry I don't have any instructions regarding this but if I were you I would contact whoever runs your command fitness program.

z71 Guy

Registered Member
In the Navy we run our physical readiness test twice a year. Being in a medical board we aren't required to participate in the PRT but we still have to maintain weight standards. If I remember correctly you have to fail a BCA three consecutive times before you can be admin separated. I'm sorry I don't have any instructions regarding this but if I were you I would contact whoever runs your command fitness program.
Thanks and I already talked to him and he has no clue haha