Drug and Blood test

How long does test results take to get back?

• Medical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MEPS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They have prelim results within 24-72 hours. If you have anything in your system, they flag it and send back to command right away. Last year we had a soldier try and fake the test by dipping the bottle in toliet water and turning it in. We got a call the same afternoon and the lab identified the sample as being bad. It is very quick.

I'd say the same. Blood has a short shelf life unless stored properly. They generally get to the lab quickly. Why exactly are you so concerned about this? Did you smoke a joint the night before your entrance physical or something?

I'd say the same. Blood has a short shelf life unless stored properly. They generally get to the lab quickly. Why exactly are you so concerned about this? Did you smoke a joint the night before your entrance physical or something?

Now, now...let's not pry into the wanna be SM's life. :) Besides, he/she may live in Colorado. ha. If he/she does fail drug test, isn't it a year wait before you can try to re-enlist?

Depends on the branch of service-
Any drug test for AF- Permanent
Marijuana for MArines/army- 6 months Cocaine 1yr
Marijuana for navy 6 months/ cocaine permanent dq

Meth etc. unsure

No you're wrong. Any positive test you're done for good

So positive drug tests mean permanently disqualified.

They should know in 24-72 hours like stated above. They test the blood for HIV. This question period, not to mention the poll question is ridiculous. How do you even answer the poll question? Doesn't make sense. Are you concerned with a positive HIV and drug test?

Alrighty I'm new here and I really need some help to clear up confusion. I've been working on enlisting for the army since June.... Unfortunately I didn't have the best record, I was considered a special case because we knew I would take some time... However, I went to meps sometime in August. I was confident the whole time I would pass and I did!. I moved in September away from the recruitment center I was working with. My mom called them the other day to get an idea of what to get me Christmas ( things I could take to boot camp). The center leader tells her that I'm missing a document for my wavier and that my results came back that I pissed hot for pot. Again I was confident I would pass. I don't do much work with this particular recruiter another sergeant has been handling my case. Wtf is going on this makes no sense if meps sends their results back a week after I went why am I just now hear about this. And not from my recruiter and no one even telling me!

Alrighty I'm new here and I really need some help to clear up confusion. I've been working on enlisting for the army since June.... Unfortunately I didn't have the best record, I was considered a special case because we knew I would take some time... However, I went to meps sometime in August. I was confident the whole time I would pass and I did!. I moved in September away from the recruitment center I was working with. My mom called them the other day to get an idea of what to get me Christmas ( things I could take to boot camp). The center leader tells her that I'm missing a document for my wavier and that my results came back that I pissed hot for pot. Again I was confident I would pass. I don't do much work with this particular recruiter another sergeant has been handling my case. Wtf is going on this makes no sense if meps sends their results back a week after I went why am I just now hear about this. And not from my recruiter and no one even telling me!

I think you are best off asking this question to your recruiter. FWIW in my opinion there are HIPPA and privacy act concerns with the release of your confidential medical information.