Early Retirement Option Approved for Some ERB-Separating Sailors

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
As announced by NAVADMIN 025/12, released Jan. 20, the Navy will offer voluntary early retirement to certain Sailors separating due to the Enlisted Retention Board (ERB).

More...

I sent the Navy an email to see if Chapter 61s with 15 plus years would also have the TERA option. The Navy said they would not at this time. BS.

Mike

I'm glad I was only just under 11 years when I was ADSEP'd. Otherwise I'd probably lose my mind over this. The notion that the folks the Navy didn't want receive benefits and the folks who were forcibly ADSEP'd when they were fit for full duty (regardless of their prior performance) and those who were separated for disabilities but weren't medically retired don't receive benefits is irritating, to say the least.

(Apologies to those separating due to ERB, I'm about to make an unfair generalization here.)

"So, you busted your hump for 15 years and got medically disqualified and separated? Let's just take that SRB back, and good luck in the civilian world. And you? You skated by for 15 years and were separated by the ERB? Congratulations, you're retired!"