eBenefits Ratings on Disabilities Page

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
After getting proposed 100% VA ratings and being medically retired from active duty in DEC 2017, my actual IDES/compensation claim closed on eBenefits yesterday, and it says that a notification letter was sent out. However, it did state that I could view my rating(s) on my "Disabilities Page". When I click on "Disabilities" it still reads N/A. How long does it usually take for that portion of the website to update? Should I be able to see it on the website before I receive the hard-copy letter?

I never saw anything under disabilities in the IDES claim. It was over a month after I uploaded my DD214 that my disabilities ratings appeared on the second claim (non-IDES).

Mine didn’t display my ratings. Another way to check is to Generate Letters in ebenefits. That should give you your finalized rating.

My claim closed yesterday and I was able to see my ratings immediately in eBenefits. Unfortunately, I think it just depends on who is inputting your info into the system. I'd check the letters, as suggested already, otherwise it's just a waiting game- letter in the mail or 10 business days to call, whichever comes first.

Mine didn’t display my ratings. Another way to check is to Generate Letters in ebenefits. That should give you your finalized rating.

Hmmm. The letter generator still says "No" for service connection and VA disability. Even though all of mine are service connected and my proposed rating is 100%. Maybe it just has not been updated yet.

Hmmm. The letter generator still says "No" for service connection and VA disability. Even though all of mine are service connected and my proposed rating is 100%. Maybe it just has not been updated yet.

If it still shows nothing under Generate Letter area, I suppose they haven’t entered your info yet.

I never saw anything under disabilities in the IDES claim. It was over a month after I uploaded my DD214 that my disabilities ratings appeared on the second claim (non-IDES).

DD214 was sent and received 28 DEC 2017. Compensation claim closed and notification sent 17 JAN 2018. No VA letter in the mail yet. No disabilities updated on eBenefits. Still awaiting the package by mail. Hoping my information made the cutoff for compensation in FEB, and gets updated on the site soon.

I hope so too. Everyone deserves their compensation in a timely fashion. Mike

I hope so too. Everyone deserves their compensation in a timely fashion. Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Now, (as of this morning), I’m even more confused. EBenefits posted a new claim this morning called “Military Pay in Lieu of Compensation” with an estimated completion of 29 APR 2018.

I’m DoD 60% and VA 100% (proposed), and was medically retired from the AF last month. I do not recieve retirement pay as I elected to recieve VA compensation as it is tax fee and higher. I only served for 13 years so I don’t believe I can recieve concurrent VA and DoD payments.

Here are my questions:

1. What is this new “Military Pay in Lieu of Compensation” claim? Is the military compensation claim just to pay out DoD retirement until my actual VA comp starts?

2. My VA comp claim has an estimated completion date of 28 Jan 2018. Why would a military pay claim be initiated today with an Apr 2018 completion date?

3. Is it possible I will recieve both DoD and VA pay without 20 years TAFMS?

3. Is it possible I will recieve both DoD and VA pay without 20 years TAFMS? NO

Thanks, Mike.

Now, (as of this morning), I’m even more confused. EBenefits posted a new claim this morning called “Military Pay in Lieu of Compensation” with an estimated completion of 29 APR 2018.

I’m DoD 60% and VA 100% (proposed), and was medically retired from the AF last month. I do not recieve retirement pay as I elected to recieve VA compensation as it is tax fee and higher. I only served for 13 years so I don’t believe I can recieve concurrent VA and DoD payments.

Here are my questions:

1. What is this new “Military Pay in Lieu of Compensation” claim? Is the military compensation claim just to pay out DoD retirement until my actual VA comp starts?

2. My VA comp claim has an estimated completion date of 28 Jan 2018. Why would a military pay claim be initiated today with an Apr 2018 completion date?

3. Is it possible I will recieve both DoD and VA pay without 20 years TAFMS?

We retired within a couple of days of each other. I have the same open claim. It's your military retirement pay waiver (in accordance with the election you made) for DFAS to let them know you'll be paid by the VA.

We retired within a couple of days of each other. I have the same open claim. It's your military retirement pay waiver (in accordance with the election you made) for DFAS to let them know you'll be paid by the VA.
Thanks, guys. It all makes sense now. I also noticed that my disabilities have now all been updated on the site. The only area still not loaded is “Compensation” but that is understandable this early on. Thank you all for your experiences and your willingness to share them.

As above, DFAS elects the best option for you: in your case DFAS has waived military retired pay since VA pay is higher (and tax free) and you are not entitled to receive both due to length of service being less than 20 years.

Did you get your first VA payment in FEB (for JAN)? I sure hope so.

It looks like mine did not get updated early enough in JAN for the VA to add me into the pay system for FEB payment. Looks like I won't get compensation until MAR. Doing our best to hold on.

I just had this claim open up for me in ebenfits. How did it turn out for you GS Warrior?

I just had this claim open up for me in ebenfits. How did it turn out for you GS Warrior?

The status just indicated that they were processing my election to receive VA compensation instead of any DoD compensation. The status read the same for a few days, but then updated to complete/closed soon after (late JAN). I received my first VA payment 1 MAR (for the month of FEB). DoD paid me for JAN since I was still waiting on the VA to finish processing.

That kinda worries me a little since I am over 20 years. Hopefully my VSO gets back to me soon with an explanation.

Ebenefits is wrong and states I only have 19 years in when in fact I do have over 20.

Mine were the same.

So I’m a little confused. When I started ides they opened one claim but them another one was reopened and that’s the only they rated me off of. Will they finish the first one or do I need to watch for them to reopen the one they sent my ratings from?