End in sight, maybe, Timeline Update

The publication they go off of 1850.4E or whatever it is says that the peb states "final reviewing authority of preliminary findings should normally should be no more than 40 days" but then there is another area that says unless under certain circumstances or something to that nature ... Therefore they always use that excuse saying system is down or they are backed up ... The order needs to be rewritten to make them do their dam job

Right there is no way of holding anyone accountable for producing results in a timely matter. I'm on day 158 total time in the "IDES process". Day 52 of waiting for the board to give me DoD ratings. It doesn't take that long, its people that don't care or make excuses.

Welp day 43 for me....hopefully I get some results soon I moved my family already

Called my PEBLO on Thursday. "Still at PEB. Been there XX amount of days. Expect it back any day now." Same old same old. Today makes 40 days for me. My claim closed on the 7th of June and the PEB received it on the 10th. Just waiting to wait.

Called my PEBLO on Thursday. "Still at PEB. Been there XX amount of days. Expect it back any day now." Same old same old. Today makes 40 days for me. My claim closed on the 7th of June and the PEB received it on the 10th. Just waiting to wait.

I call or email every week. Here was yesterday's answer
"The VA rating officer has done their ratings for all conditions (referred and claimed) and has sent it back to the PEB for their Q/A process and then to be sent to me. With any luck I'll be calling you with PEB findings within the next couple of weeks."

Mine closed the 24th of May and peb got it on the 8 June I just called them directly the gentleman in the other line wasn't to nice but it is what it is. My PEBLO pretty much told me he wasn't going to look in the system until 8 August . When I know it is one of his responsibility's to look up my case see where it is at and give me a timeline of each stage. that is off of the peb website.

Mine closed the 24th of May and peb got it on the 8 June I just called them directly the gentleman in the other line wasn't to nice but it is what it is. My PEBLO pretty much told me he wasn't going to look in the system until 8 August . When I know it is one of his responsibility's to look up my case see where it is at and give me a timeline of each stage. that is off of the peb website.

See this is what I am talking about. The PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO DO THEIR JOB.

They can get mad all they want at the end of the day the order says x and they are doing y. PEBLO supposed to tell me x and he didn't tell me it was at the qa stage at the peb he just said it was recieved not actual being looked at and in qa phase like the gentleman at the peb told me and said he isn't going to worry until 60 day point, well the order says 40 so now that I am over 40 and i attempted to get info from my PEBLO. My medical officer tried to get info and was turn away. I'll go the next step up. I don't mind waiting now. What I do mind is being lied to and told information that is not true. I don't know where he got 60 days from but that is what every step of the way I was told I was never updated with any movement at all I was always reaching out to him. He's kinda new some maybe he needs a re enlightenment of what his reposability is.

Last edited:
My PEBLO has zero patience. He sounds annoyed everytime I call. But oh well. It's not his ratings and life that are affected by this. He'll continue his career. Mine won't.

They can get mad all they want at the end of the day the order says x and they are doing y. PEBLO supposed to tell me x and he didn't tell me it was at the qa stage at the peb he just said it was recieved not actual being looked at and in qa phase like the gentleman at the peb told me and said he isn't going to worry until 60 day point, well the order says 40 so now that I am over 40 and i attempted to get info from my PEBLO. My medical officer tried to get info and was turn away. I'll go the next step up. I don't mind waiting now. What I do mind is being lied to and told information that is not true. I don't know where he got 60 days from but that is what every step of the way I was told I was never updated with any movement at all I was always reaching out to him. He's kinda new some maybe he needs a re enlightenment of what his reposability is.

Mine will be 60 days next week so maybe I will get some real answers then....

My PEBLO has zero patience. He sounds annoyed everytime I call. But oh well. It's not his ratings and life that are affected by this. He'll continue his career. Mine won't.

That is also what I try to impress upon everyone I talk to is that I have to figure out the rest of my life while the rest of these people will continue on in their GS/military/contractor positions.

Ya but they don't care. They don't understand the frustration of the unknown for months at a time. Trying to plan a smooth transition with out knowing an end date and they wonder why there are so many homeless disabled vets

Ya but they don't care. They don't understand the frustration of the unknown for months at a time. Trying to plan a smooth transition with out knowing an end date and they wonder why there are so many homeless disabled vets

Exactly. Ive been dealing with medical issues since 2014 and am still wondering when my date will be. I would rather know a date thats a month out, 6 months whatever but the whole "someone is working on it" doesn't work for me.

Just talked with someone at the VA on the chat and they are faxing my proposed VA ratings!!!

It was quite easy surprisingly:

Hi. I have been in the IDES process since October 2015. The VA has been done with my ratings well over a month. Is there anyway that the VA can fax me my proposed ratings? Thank you.

*She did the whole let me look into this for you lol then came back with:

There was a proposed rating letter sent out on 06/07/2016.
Vernice 4055 • 11:04 AM

I understand that. I have not received it.
• 11:04 AM

I can send or fax you a copy of the letter.
Vernice 4055 • 11:06 AM

Awesome thank you!
• 11:06 AM