Eosinophilic Esophagitis

John1981

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis 5 months ago. I am not responding well to the medicine I am taking (flovent) and have been getting scoped every 3 months. The doctor says if my condition doesn't improve I may be referred to a MEB. Has anyone experienced this condition or been able to deploy with EOE?

I have Eosinophilic Esophagitis currently. I have deployed with it. However while on that deployment I choked on my breakfast and if I did not get it to pass I would have gone to the emergency room. I know what you are dealing with, I was diagnosed with it about 2.5 to 3 years ago. Since that time I have been scoped and dilated upwards to 7 times with an emergency room visit to remove food stuck where I could not swallow. This is a waiverable condition by air force standards to a point. if you begin to have serious problems then yes your doctor may initiate an MEB. Mine did not, but as you see in my signature I am in the process of MEB right now.

I would try to find out all you can. I have worked with 2 Gastero Docs and an allergist to try to figure if it is an allergic reaction.(it is not) I take medication daily to try to control it (Prilosec and budesonide steroid). make sure everything is in your records.

I just had my fifth scope and 3rd dilation in 12 months for EOE. My eosinophils have come down with treatment but my symptoms have not improved. Worried I may be referred to a MEB.

I have EOE also. I have an appt next month to schedule another scope and dilation. I am in the process now with getting my restrictions from the DR. Medical pretty much said with my food restrictions it makes me undeployable. so it looks like i might be referred.

Have they completed allergen testing?

I came back negative for everything haha. I have been on Flovent and Budesonide with little to no results.