Favorable comments in my NARSUM?

landmine

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Reading thru my NARSUM, Section 7. Diagnosis/es that do not meet medical retention standards: lists PTSD and MDD as the first of two conditions currently at the IPEB.

Item e states:

Prognosis Statement: Although it is possible for the SM’s condition to improve significantly if
he were to complete an evidence-based treatment for PTSD, his condition seems to have
remained stable over the past two years and therefore, without any significant changes to
treatment, it is not likely SM will resolve symptoms and impairments due to his PTSD during a
five-year time frame sufficiently enough to be able to return to unrestricted duty.

Is it favorable that the state "his condition seems to have remained stable over the past 2 years and therefore, without any significant changes to treatment, it is not likely SM will resolve symptoms and impairments due to his PTSD during a five year time frame sufficiently enough to be able to return to unrestricted duty."? I haven't seen anything where someone was put on PDRL on the first go around for PTSD. (Maybe I haven't looked deep enough yet).

But then it seems to be some what contradicting with the first statement, "Although it is possible for the SM’s condition to improve significantly if
he were to complete an evidence-based treatment for PTSD". I have had group based, one on one based and cognitive based therapy in the past with the VA and military one source.

Having a condition that is determined to be "stable" means improvement is unlikely to change to qualify SM for a revised disability rating. Is that a true statement?

I have been rated at 30% for PTSD since 2010 and bumped to 50% in 2014 and currently remain at 50% to this day.

I understand my most recent VA C&P is what is to be used for the IPEB, and those results all mention the condition (PTSD) has neither improved or worsen and the examiner but that PTSD remains as a current problem.

I'm sure no one can accurately determine what the IPEB outcome will be, but despite the two statements in line item e, does this seem to be a favorable remark or something that I might want to prepare myself for with an appeal?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">